tips on shrink wrapping m&p

momof4kids

Mine are far from perfect, but I've not had a problem with the soap melting. I use the already done bags (I think they're 4 x 6) that I buy. Don't have an impulse sealer, but I've been sealing the open end with my vacuum sealer. I just make sure I don't aim the heat gun on one particular spot and always keep it on LOW at a distance.

You can also use an embossing gun which is not as powerful or get as hot as a heat gun. I am guessing that you must be using MP soap if your soap is melting - I do cp soap and have never had that problem regardless of what I use to shrink wrap with.

When shrink wrapping my soaps, I use cigar bans. I get the ban centered on the soap and very lightly shrink the ends first. Once the ends are formed around the end of the soap, I very "lightly" go back and forth over each side, making sure to always turn the soap before the wrap is compelely shrink wrapped around the soap. It takes me several turns of the soap but I find this way gets the wrap shrunk evenly around my bar. I hope that made sense.

I also use an embossing/craft gun. I already had it, I imagine it takes just a bit longer than a heat gun but faster that a blow dryer. I use the preformed 4/6 bags then a heat sealer to make them fit the soap better. Sealing the edges of the bag first and constant movement of the gun and flipping of the soap seem to be the key.

Sami