Finding Coconut Oil

brydean

Where do you all buy your coconut oil. In local stores or off the internet. The only place I can find it around home is the health food store. The price just went up, it is now $20 for 29 oz. If I order a case of six, I can save $40. Is this a reasonable price or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Its a bit of a drive to the nearest Super Walmart. But for those savings I think I will be worth the trip! LOL I'll check it out!

Thanks!

Call them first. None of the Wal*Marts I've been to - either in upstate NY or here in NJ - have coconut oil.

BUT the one upstate NY did have nice big tubs of lard for me!

Call them first. None of the Wal*Marts I've been to - either in upstate NY or here in NJ - have coconut oil.

BUT the one upstate NY did have nice big tubs of lard for me!

Hmmmm I guess I've been lucky cuz I've found it in all the super wal-marts around here and last I knew I was upstate...........

definitely not all walmarts carry it. i went to 3 in MN before i found one who does. another place to get it would be a place who sells popcorn, or supplies for popcorn...just make sure you ask for white or you may end up with butter flavored:)

I used to get mine too at Walmart, but its pricey for a 2 pound jug. Plus my Walmarts are in BFE, so I would rather pay to have it shipped to me then burn gas going to get it. Its actually cheaper for me to have it shipped.

I use Columbus Foods too. I think I am making my UPS guy more muscular, I can tell my giant 50 pound buckets are toning his arms:laugh2:Poor man, he just dragged in a 50 bucket of palm oil 15 minutes ago:cheesy2:

I've been in the ones in Geneva and Auburn. My sister (who is not necessarily to be relied upon) says she hasn't come across it in the Albany/Schenectady area stores.

Granted, Upstate is a big area...

I'm in the Buffalo area. I talked my mom into taking a drive with me tomorrow. I figure I need to go grocery shopping anyway. I used to love shopping there when I lived close! I can always find extra stuff I don't need when I'm there! :D

No coconut oil in our Walmart's here but if you want a 50# container call your local food suppliers (i.e. Food Services of America, Sisco or any bakery supply store). I found a supplier in my area where I buy a 50# container of white coconut oil for $63.00 and that price already includes the shipping.

woo hoo!! I found it at walmart, right above the lard and crisco. 31.9 (ok call it 32) ounces for 3 bucks! The sad thing is that my local supplier raised her prices so buying 30lbs at wally world will only be five dollars more than her 30lb pail. With gas, time and scooby snacks for the 60 mile round trip I think it works out to the same price.

Thank you so much for the heads up on that, I have been to that walmart several times for olive and the lard and NEVER saw that coconut right at eye level. go figure