wrong wicks

I was sent the wrong size wicks from BCN. They sent 34-40 zinc 2.5 wick 32mm.The tab is as wide as the bottom of a votive. Does anyone use these or have ever seem these in a votive candle? I use wick pins now and have invested in about 500, so these tabs are not something I would want to change too. A lady at BCN said people are useing these instead of wicks pins ( just straighten up the wicks as the wax hardens). You wouldnt see the tab until the wax has melted. Has anyone seem these type of tabs? Thanks, Janice

Edited to explain my self clearer...

I was sent the wrong size wicks from BCN. They sent 34-40 zinc 2.5 wick 32mm.The tab is as wide as the bottom of a votive. Does anyone use these or have ever seem these in a votive candle? I use wick pins now and have invested in about 500, so these wicks are not something I would want to change too. A lady I talk to said people are useing these instead of wicks pins ( just straighten up the wicks as the wax hardens). You wouldnt see the tab until the wax has melted. Has anyone seem these type of tabs? Thanks, Janice

I would call and talk to Bittercreek, if they sent the wrong ones, they will fix the problem.

I did BIGCAT, and the lady was very nice, sending them back wasnt brought up. I told her that I would try one or two and see if it was something I could work with.The flame was smaller than my regular wick that I use. Just wanting advise about these tabs.

Need to start reading my post at least twice so I can understand what I asking!LOL

I always use wick pins with votives and would with large tabbed wicks, too. If, when you say "size" you are referring to tab and not the wick that is incorrect the burn should be consistant with the wicks you were using prior (if you were using that size wick). I'm guessing that you are saying you estimated the tab size wrong.

Yes, Sara, the tab size is incorrect. I didnt order this size of a tab...They have the size wick and tab I wanted, but they sent the wrong ones.When I called about it, the lady told me that alot of people use that size tab with the 34-40 wick.

I sample one in one of my votives and the flame just seemed to be smaller. Just an observation. They are the same size wick I nomally use.

I have just never seen this size of tab on a votive before.