Best place for EO's??

gloworm

Where do you gals recommend getting EO's at the best price for quality product? Was going to get at WSP then checked prices and they were almot twice the price as some other suppliers. On the other hand I don't want inferior Oil either so what do you all think??

Glo

I get my oils from Essential Oil University ( essentialoils.org ). I get grade 2 (or sometimes better) for the majority of my stuff but if you are just making soap, you can get away with the grade 1. I make massage oils and I am an amature aromatherapist so I get the higher grade oils for those purposes. I just can't see the reason for having two grades of the same oil in my shop taking up room for more oils! The cost usually balances out in the long run (buying bulk and only having to purchase one bottle instead of two helps more than ya think!). They also have good customer service and fast shipping to go along with their reasonable prices (at least I think they are!).

HTH!

Life & Light!

Tish

Thanks girls. I maybe am too heavy handed with my EO's. I was using more than 2-3 tbls per 2 #. Is this the amount most use? I hope so, mine will be lasting me longer LOL. I haven't done a great many EO soaps but I haven't noticed they were overly scented with my increased amounts.

EO's tend to be like FO's they are all different weights. You don't want to use too much in B&B products or else you could cause irritation with some EO's. Speariment, Peppermint and Eucalyptus can irritate if too concentrated. I believe with CP soaps its equivalent to candles because of the chemical reation with the lye. Weighed at 1 ounce per pound I usually use 1 ounce per 3-4 pounds and have had no problems depending on the oil. I thought I noticed that MP uses even less because its already stabilized chemically. You should be weighing your oils.