MC Pumpkin Spice in 415

I got some MC Pumpkin Spice to round out my holiday FO line, and I am so disappointed! Barely any hot throw, you have to stand over it to get any whiff of it. Smells great OOB though. I've tried it in 415/402/USA blend, 415/BW blend, and KY Parasoy using WI795/WI798 but still all have no hot throw! 7% load. I even burned one for nine (9) hours and nothing!

Anyone else have trouble with this FO? :sad2:

geek

Hi Geek,

I tested it (one of my testers tested it) in the GL-70/30 and it was not a good thrower -- not a complete dud but did not live up to our standards in the scent throw department. I have tested a lot of pumpkin scents and there have been many that give a light throw. I think it is one of those scents that are not usually a knock you down scent -- like most vanillas. I have found that these are the strongest throwers for me so far:

Pumpkin Cheesecake (BCS) -- not enough pumpkin though, but I like it -- one of my friends thinks it smells like french toast -- it kinda does.

Pumpkin Crunch Cake (NG) -- not enough pumpkin again, but nice

Perfect Pumpkin (WYW) or (WSP) -- still not a real true pumpkin smell but very strong and nice -- I smell a lot of graham cracker in these.

Pumpkin Spice (TSB) -- this one is not quite as strong as most above, but throws well. I have not burned it in a while or tested it myself in anything but soy, so it may be better in strength than I recall. It has more spice than the ones above

I am not sure exactly what kind of pumpkin I am still looking for -- I guess one that is just like pumpkin pie and somewhat sweet. I like Gold Canyon's Pumpkin Pie which smells just like Magestic Mountain Sage's, but I did not get a real good throw. I will have to try it in the GL-70/30. I do like the smell.

Good luck in your Pumpkin search. :)

I could not get mc's Pumpkin Spice to throw for me either. I let it cure for a couple of MONTHS and it was better....... but not up to my standards either. I do like Pumpkin Crunch Cake (NG) but not quite what I am looking for either. I ended up mixing Spicy Gingerbread (MC) and Pumpkin Spice. It has been curing for a couple of weeks. Time to light'er up!

Sorry about that Geekrunner. I did pour that particulary f.o. on last Fall and no, I wasn't too happy with the throw, but after a few weeks, I did burn one and it was very loud. So, at this point, I'm not sure how long you're willing to wait but it does take time to cure. HTH.

Thank you for all the great advice! I must learn to be more patient. I have a tester with 415/BW, 9% Pumpkin Spice in 16 oz keepsake. Will wait a week then burn with Premier 798, if it won't clean the sides after 3 burns then I'm switching to two LXs.

I know I will have awesome fall holiday sales! All the free candle gifts mrs geek handed out last year have primed the pump, now I'm getting lots of requests.

geek