Votive Problem ~ Help!

I have been making 100% Soy jar candles for about a year and am now trying my hand at votives. I would like to make them 100% soy as well. So far, they are turning out nicely in appearance and I am having no problem removing them from the molds. My problem is that when I test burn them, within a matter of minutes, they burn down one side. The wick seems to hang. I used 6 oz of 100% soy, 2tsp of FO (Pumpkin Vanilla Cream & Chai Tea), and have tested CD-4, 5, 6, and 8 wicks. I had hang-up with CD-4 & 5 and they burned down the side within minutes of using CD-6 & 8. Is this a wick problem or wax problem? I heated the wax to 180 degrees, added dye and FO and poured at about 105 degrees. I tried both poking relief holes and not poking relief holes. I don't know what else to do.:sad2:

Any suggestions??

Paula

I have read on the board about others using 100% soy for votives. I was hoping it would work. I am using votive holders that I have used for years with other votives. I do have some votive/piller wax to try.

I was just hoping!!:D

Thanks for your replies.

Paula

I have read on the board about others using 100% soy for votives. I was hoping it would work.

The only way I have gotten 100% soy "votives" to work is if I make the votive holder the container itself (essentially making a tiny container candle).

If you have your heart set on 100% soy for votives I would try that instead.

May we suggest using CSP-1 from Candlewic or Eco-soy PB for your votives. We here at Creekside use both of these waxes for our tarts and votives without any problems. Both of these waxes are single pour, and require no relief holes. We also suggest you try using RRD 29 wicks. We've hand poured roughly 10,000 votives and tarts last year without any complaints. Just suggesting....:)