Pillar Wicking Finally Got It!!!

ladysj

I've been trying wick after wick after wick for months and I finally got a wick that is giving me pretty much a self consuming burn.:bliss: I used the Hobby Lobby paraffin with stearic and vybar. It's wicked with a 62-52-18Z. It's not leaving much of a shell at all not sure you can tell from the pic. This is after 3 4 hour plus burns. Any way I am really excited about it lol & the pics not the best.Thanks For looking.

PillarTestBurn.jpg

I'm not going to have to hug this one. The melt pool is good after 3 test burns I've only melted about 3/4 inch total from the height. As far as the scent throw not sure on this one yet. This was some left over wax that I was just experimenting with. It is sugar cookie and I added more wax to it so it doesn't have a very strong scent to it. I'm going to make another one with the appropriate amount of fo. As soon as find my stearic and vybar in all of this mess :angry2:

congrats!!! Remember to hug it as well after each burn.

Hi Carrie, I see this a lot about hugging a candle, but before I joined this board never even knew of this technique. I don´t expect many customers know about it or quite frankly want to be bothered with hugging a candle, so I am just asking if it is not better to leave a candle alone and see how it burns without the hugging technique. Would like to know your thoughts on the matter.

I'm not going to have to hug this one. The melt pool is good after 3 test burns I've only melted about 3/4 inch total from the height. As far as the scent throw not sure on this one yet. This was some left over wax that I was just experimenting with. It is sugar cookie and I added more wax to it so it doesn't have a very strong scent to it. I'm going to make another one with the appropriate amount of fo. As soon as find my stearic and vybar in all of this mess :angry2:
That looks like a good burn. I would be interested to know what it looks like after a few more burns. Please post pics. Thanks.

Hi Carrie, I see this a lot about hugging a candle, but before I joined this board never even knew of this technique. I don´t expect many customers know about it or quite frankly want to be bothered with hugging a candle, so I am just asking if it is not better to leave a candle alone and see how it burns without the hugging technique. Would like to know your thoughts on the matter.

Personally I like to hug candles. I havent came across a self consuming candle myself. I always get the buldge if I dont hug it. But if ladysg says she got hers to work, then thats awesome!!!