How A Pillar Should Not Burn

kalamazoo

Just had to share these pics with you. This was a store bought candle. Factory manufactured and cost 950 icelandic krona which is about $13.00!! Way too much tunnelling, a lot of shell and small flame. :shocked2: I buy candles sometimes as I am fairly new to candlemaking and like to get an idea of how different pillars burn. Happy to say that I am pretty pleased with the way mine burn. I just wonder if a person who does not make candles would be happy with this purchase.

There are a lot of folks that probably would be ok with that if they've never had better.

Wish I had a pic of some of the Dollar Store pillars I burned out of my curious nature. Out of 4 that I bought, all of them collapsed and not even a smidgen of scent throw.

LOL! those makes the ones i made to sit on my fireplace mantle , look real good and i under wicked them just so they could burn and not spill over but they still have a smaller wall than that after 4 hours and since i made them for decor only, i like the way the light show up thru the wall. i didn't even have a mold and wick pin, i used a plastic container i had in kitchen 6x4 round. :D

Yeah, that's pretty bad. Pier 1 candles suck too. They leave about the same size shell and have only light cold and hot throw. I just went to see what scent it was that I got, but there's no scent name on the bottom of the label. I got them years ago, so I don't remember. Now I just use them for decoration in my bedroom, although I did use them once when the power went out...at least I got a little illumination from them when I needed it.

Yeah, that's pretty bad. Pier 1 candles suck too. They leave about the same size shell and have only light cold and hot throw. I just went to see what scent it was that I got, but there's no scent name on the bottom of the label. I got them years ago, so I don't remember. Now I just use them for decoration in my bedroom, although I did use them once when the power went out...at least I got a little illumination from them when I needed it.
I agree with that a couple years back my hubby bought some for the bath tub. so I lit them during a power outage and they were horrible. They fade instantly and no there is no hot throw. Don't they have quaulity control with that manufacturer. They figure because they are Pier 1 that people will buy them.