ebay

darlatoms

Hi it's been along time .in April my husband died then his mom justed passed. WILL IT EVER STOP!!!!!!,

My daughter wants to buy my candle makeing things to sell on ebay. But when I look it seems that you do not really get much for the time you spend on the candles.

Sorry about your loss! Hope you are doing okay. I guess it depends on how you feel about it. It might be helpful to just let your daughter take care of those things for now. Do you have to sell? Can she just hold them for you for now?

I agree Ebay is not great for selling hand crafted things-- specially candles. Tried it. It sucked!

I am sorry to hear about your loss and I hope you are doing okay. Ebay is good for getting your name out there, but you sure take a hit as far as $$ goes! There are so many candlemakers on there it is really hard to compete. I wonder how half of them can sell as cheaply as they do.

I too am so sorry for the losses you have experienced lately. My heart goes out to you!

I can't say that selling on ebay has been a great way to go for me, however, I have several repeat customers that have been directed to my site from ebay. I know that most people on ebay are looking for bargain type items and that quality handpoured products don't get what they should on ebay either. IMO it is up to the person on what to do. I don't see how some can sell their tarts at the prices they do. For example I have seen people sell 50 or so tarts for like $3-4 or less....it just makes me wonder. Are they using ebay as a stepping stone for them to start up or are they just trying to get rid of things they don't want like maybe some bad wax or scents? I have no idea. Like I said, I will use ebay at times, mostly to move things that might not be selling well for me or just to get my name out. It works sometimes, others I don't sell a thing.