OK, now I'm MAD...

Well I know one vendor I won't be using again.

Just got a "revised" invoice for shipping charges that have now almost DOUBLED due to the vendor's error. When I emailed to say "Hey you quoted me this much, now I'm going to have to eat almost $24 dollars out of my own pocket" I basically got the response of "Sorry, my mistake, you're still only paying .12 more per jar, you're still getting a good deal & very close to my cost".

OK let me think - .12 a jar x 200 jars. Not MY mistake, but hers. Gee I appreciate the apology, I hope that is worth losing any future business from me. I'm glad I don't treat my customers like that.

WOW, that's a pricey "mistake" that YOU have to pay for. :angry2:

Question- have you ordered these jars in high quantities from her before? IF so, did the shipping change this go around?

She would have done better to offer to eat it (since it was HER mistake) or at least split the difference with ya. TRY and make it right sonehow, someway huh?

She's lost a good customer it seems.

Michi, this is my first order from this company, and you can surely bet it will be my last. Apparently she based the shipping on one box instead of two, forgetting that there are only 50 jars in a box.

Tess, I may see what I can do to dispute the charge AFTER the jars arrive. Apparently she only shipped 100 yesterday and the next 100 are going out today. As these aren't all for me I'd hate to disappoint anyone.

I think I am more pissed about the "Oh well, you're still getting a good deal" attitude. Had it been me, I would have said "Yep, I f'ed up, and I'll eat the difference". But to not even offer or anything... that burns my behind. :angry2:

think I am more pissed about the "Oh well, you're still getting a good deal" attitude. Had it been me, I would have said "Yep, I f'ed up, and I'll eat the difference". But to not even offer or anything... that burns my behind. :angry2:

Yep, I totally agree!! It seems there is more and more of that these days. Don't we always teach children to take responsibility for their mistakes???

I know you're in a bind since your buying jars for someone else also, but I would have told her to forget it, see how she liked that one.

Then again, she's probably one of those that don't really care, not even realizing customer's dissatisfaction and word of mouth can come back to bite her in the A$$!!

It really pisses me off that because you ARE in a bind that she gets her way on this!!! :mad:

That really is kinda messed up! I think I would cancel the order altogether. There's no reason you should have to pony up extra cash because of their error. If they advertised a certain price they should honor it. And do a better job of calculating total cost next time. Plain and simple!

Be sure to tell them that you asked for a quote, for the reason that someone else was buying with you. What do they expect you to tell them? Tell them you feel scammed by the way they gave you one shipping quote and changed it "After" the fact (of you ordering). Seems like a hook, line and sinker. Talk the the manager in charge and explain that you do not feel you are responsible for picking up the tab on their miscalculation. Also be sure to mention the fact that the comment about your "good deal" was unprofessional. I am curious if this is a widely known company. Seems as if their business antics are pretty shabby.