Stupid Question about Dipped Bears!

Guest searching angel

Guest searching angel

Are these waxed dipped Teddy Bears just for show/scent? They aren't actually supposed to be burned are they???

Yes, I know, dumb question.

OK there's someone in my state promoting the wax dipped as candle bears, so I can see how why people wonder if they are for lighting. We've been asked over and over if we knew where the wicks were on these things.

It's fine to be cute and all in naming stuff and to try to avoid the bear police, but as you can see the fine art of promotion can be just as off target as people pushing all natural products that aren't all natural.

Are these waxed dipped Teddy Bears just for show/scent? They aren't actually supposed to be burned are they???

Don't feel bad. I don't really get the whole bear thing either. I've never actually even seen one. It seems like kind of an odd thing to do~dip a teddy bear in scented wax. But boy they must be popular with so much talk of them. If I thought I could sell them I suppose I'd try it too.

Well Jen, at least I'm not the only one asking this stupid question!

HOw embarassing!..........................

:o

ALOT of people dont understand what a "wax dipped" anything is. They see wax and right away ask "where is the wick". Don't feel bad about asking...if this is something you are looking into doing...just make sure you research ...here is a nice link to info http://www.candlesupply.com/how2dipbears.html

and you CAN NOT sell these WITHOUT warnings on them!!!!!!!

If you have a little time, check out this link. Make sure you aren't drinking anything or you may spray your monitor!

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10176&highlight=dipped+bears :laugh2:

geek