Giving up for a while

Henryk

Well, it seems that I just am not having any luck with straight gel candles in tumblers - maybe the ones with paraffin/soy embeds will burn better for me. Within an hour, during any part of the burn, my wicks just mushroom so much I can't get a good flame anymore. I've tried everything word by word, by the book, still with no luck. So, I'm just going to put them away for a while.

However, I made some blueberry tarts (they were a kit) - and they look REALLY good in person I have to say, so now I'm hooked on these bakery things! Maybe I'll just keep the rest of my gel for preserve jars and pies. ;)

post-98-139458410042_thumb.jpg

post-98-13945841037_thumb.jpg

This time last year I was really gung ho on the gels I was doing in Halloween themes. By Christmas, I was burned out on the embed frustration--mainly with the suspending, etc. I took a break from that and started making more of the pies and other bakery items. They look great, smell great, burn great, and are so much easier!

BTW--I clicked on your pic to get a larger look, but it said invalid attachment.

Henry, what in the world was that other pic you posted? What a mess.

Your pic comes through now. Cute. Are those the little 3" ones? I've been making a few of those instead of the 5", and everyone I've given them to just loves them. The ones I've burned here have smelled so good. Every time someone comes to the door they think I'm baking! lol Not in this kitchen anymore.

Even DW gave me a compliment on the smell - Blueberry Muffin FO (and she can't stop from touching them when she goes by them). Yes, they are the 3" ones - I would love to do some of those fancy full size ones that have the really pretty woven tops.

That other gel candle - believe it or not - was a pic I took of a gel candle at a store (which you would know the name) - yes, I couldn't believe it either (thats why I had to take a pic!).

Good grief. I thought I was the worst ever at getting a wick properly centered. That was pathetic. I have a hard time believing that anyone would buy such a thing.

I don't do any of the 9" pies. I do a lot of the 5" with several different crust styles. The lattice seems to be a favorite for lots of folks. If my embeds are really pretty, I prefer a woven edge crust to show them off.

The pies are cute the store pic is horrible. There is a low mushrooming zinc wick out on the market I am not sure who carries it. I only make straight gel on request(which are few) now most of my gel candles are pies, preserves or forever candles.