Do you like Genwax?

I am getting back to working and just ordered some wax from Genwax. I will be experimenting and see how it compares to my favorites from Candlewic. Has anyone used their wax and what do you think. I ordered their mottling wax with a mp of 145 and their hurricane with a mp of 160. So....we shall see. I will let you know too. Donita

I have read some post's on here that Gen Wax is not that great but there waxes might be ok.

Let me know when you try the Hurricane wax. I bet you won't get the same results as the 5055.

I have tried many different 'cane waxes and could not get good results with photo 'canes. Maybe you have a special touch and can make any 'cane wax work for you. I have yet to try the 5055 wax because the shipping is 72% of the cost of the wax. Just way to much for me.

I discovered them by accident and they are just a couple miles from my house and can drop in to pickup supplies (or you can order on line for "will call" pickup). I think the current manager recently came over from a different position in their wholesale, but has been great to work with. He is working on expanding their offerings and is very helpful when I am having problem or just have a question about a particular candle project. So far no problems with their products, I think it is mostly me learning the right combinations, etc.

:yay::D:yay:

Hiya Donita! I just ordered from Genwax and to be honest I'm just not impressed. Part of the reason I ordered from them is that they are really close and it was convenient but I really love my 1343!!!! When I was making candles on a more regular basis I found 1343 to be so consistent, no surprises. The wax from Genwax I guess I will need to play with much more to get to where I'm comfortable with it. HOpefully that will be soon.

Oh I should say it's not the first time trying out their waxes, it's just been a long time since I last ordered from them.

I was just there today, and I was disappointed. I was so looking forward to checking everything out, and left feeling kind of discouraged.

They had a ton of pillar molds and FO, but hardly any container glassware. I wasn't impressed at all with the fragrance in their candles made with their FO. I also thought their containers were a bit pricey, from what I've seen online.

I'm not exactly sure what container I want to use, so I was hoping there would be a large selection to choose from, and then I could make a decision. It's a bummer, because as far as I know, it's the only large supplier in my area. I guess I can get my wax there, but that's about it.

Does anyone know of an online company for glassware where the shipping isn't too expensive?

Kim

Yep lot's of pillars molds which for me is great! There are a few, very few fo's that I do like, but the wax which changed when they went with their own blend went to pot as far as I'm concerned. When I first started making candles years ago (cant believe I can say that now) I used a wax by BP and absolutely loved it, then they stopped carrying it. Guess my heart will always be with 1343.

Guest amynleebishop

Kim~

Candlesand supplies.com have great containers for Halloween and Christmas. Plus they have this really pretty snowflake jar that is a best seller and there beehive jars are soooooo cute and sell great anytime of yr. They are in PA and I am Charlottesville, VA~ Donita's old stomping grounds. I used to buy my supplies from her store here and now she is a big California girl!!

khall--

You can look at the glassware on their site (www.genwax.com) order by phone, and then buy it when you get to the showroom. I asked about the glassware and they said they don't have room to display it all.

For FOs, I get raves for their Juicy Bits of Orange and Jasmine scents. So far the others I've tried have been so-so.

Thanks for the replies....guess I will just have to experiment :mad: ......I will eventually find a wax supplier that is close to California or be stuck still ordering from PA and paying a gazillion dollars in shipping. Luckily I am in a tourist area and everything is already overpriced here (smile).....Donita

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Shisha~actually everything on the site was there, but it still seemed limited to me. There were only two types of jars with lids and the rest were ones without lids. I thought some of the ones without lids were pretty, but I'm looking for something with a lid, and I don't care for the bubble lids they offer. They did have one beautiful container with a flat lid, but it seemed pricey to me. I think around $2.30 each. I don't know, maybe that's a good deal?

I'm sure it's been mentioned here before, but I stumbled upon Fillmore Glass and they have an amazing selection of jars and lids. I'm thinking shipping costs will be a lot, but I haven't checked yet.

Kim

Thanks for the replies....guess I will just have to experiment :mad: ......I will eventually find a wax supplier that is close to California or be stuck still ordering from PA and paying a gazillion dollars in shipping. Luckily I am in a tourist area and everything is already overpriced here (smile).....Donita[/QUOT

hi why don't you give let-it shine a call,they have a warehouse here in Sacramento,ca and they might be able to ship from there and save on shipping for you,they have all kinds of wax,i use them myself i just call them and i go pick it up at the warehouse when i am in Sacramento.

or you can always try cierra candles there in reno and they have 10% off on all waxes this month.

http://www.cierracandles.com/

http://www.letitshineusa.com/

oh so they do have the glassware out on display now? that's great, it's been a few months since I have been there.

I think the thing is that they are primarily a candle production place, selling finished candles for for private labelers (I hear they make something like 1 out of every 10 candles sold in the U.S.), and they got into selling supplies kind of as an afterthought. They concentrate on pillars and seem to have just woken up to the fact that people like containers. So it will probably take some time for them to expand their selection. I'm fortunate that they carry the tumblers I love but I agree that their prices are better for a hobbyist than for resale!