Need help with an FO name

diamondk

Okay...I'm glad this thread is here..I have a question about how this is supposed to smell.

I have smelled some that are floral and some that are fruity...which is it supposed to be?

The actual Bird of Paradise flower (tropical) has no scent at all. What a shame, too, as it is so lovely.

Most "Bird of Paradise" products will have either a floral or tropical (fruity) scent, in an attempt to mimic what they believe this tropical flower would smell like -- if it had a smell.

Bottom line? It can be whatever you would like. :)

Hope this helps.

The actual Bird of Paradise flower (tropical) has no scent at all. What a shame, too, as it is so lovely.

Most "Bird of Paradise" products will have either a floral or tropical (fruity) scent, in an attempt to mimic what they believe this tropical flower would smell like -- if it had a smell.

Bottom line? It can be whatever you would like. :)

Hope this helps.

That explains it...thanks for your help..I'll choose the fruity one. :D

I worked in a body care store about 15 years aog and we came up with a fragrance and called it Birds of Paradise. I believe it was a blend of French Vanilla pikaki and a touch of coconut. Which would make it sweet and a floral. I still have a bottle from that store and it is still so yummy.