Question?

Is there any cheaper way to sent a candle? I didn't know if anyone knew. And how well do crayons work?

Candle making is not a cheap venture. Not by far. You want to find quality fragrances so you can have a good throw.

Crayons are not meant for candles. There are specific dyes that are made for candles.

Does it count if I make candles and sell other folks home made soap?

I love making and selling candles, it is very time consuming and some what

costly for the initial investment. The problem is I love good handcrafted soaps but I dont have the time or the knowledge to make my own.

I do by good quality soaps made by others to sell at my markets and even

allow them to put their labels on the soap(saves me money) I always give the soap maker credit for their work.

People love good soaps and great smelling candles:yay:

I use 100% soy and Peaks FO's are awesome! Go to the fragrance discussion and you'll find alot of advice on great oils from Peaks. Here are a few that I use and work awesome with a great scent throw:

Amish Harvest

Macintosh Apple

Lemon Pound Cake

Fruit Slices

Hazelnut Cappucino

Mango Papaya

Midsummer Night

Pink Sugar

Sugar Plum Berries

Home for the Holidays

Vanilla Passion - I don't use this one but alot of candlemakers here love it!

Just poured Cranberry Citrus and it smells awesome!

Hope this helps!

Missy

:D Does anyone do candles & bath porducts? I am new and I am going to try candles first and then may try my hand at bath soaps, ect.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Yes Lisa, after all, this is a candle and bath & body message board.

I'll tell you what everyone else will tell you to do. Do a thorough search in all topics and you may find something to help you along your way.

Does it count if I make candles and sell other folks home made soap?

I love making and selling candles, it is very time consuming and some what

costly for the initial investment. The problem is I love good handcrafted soaps but I dont have the time or the knowledge to make my own.

I do by good quality soaps made by others to sell at my markets and even

allow them to put their labels on the soap(saves me money) I always give the soap maker credit for their work.

People love good soaps and great smelling candles:yay:

A little confused here. Does what count?

I started candle making and that led me into making soaps too. I like making both, but personally prefer making candles, as i find i can play about with colour and effects more with candles! Oh and i like to watch them burn too!!!!!!

Also theres loads more involved in selling bath products, in the UK anyway, not sure about the US. You have to have all the ingredients properly externally tested and have a special license. This is far too much trouble with me, so i just make nice pretty soaps for friends and family. My mum likes it cause she gets soaps and candles for free, but then i do take up all her kitchen whenever i make them!!!!!!!!

On a side note i also love making bead jewellery, so i guess i just like making things (I cant draw to save my life so it must be my creative outlet!!! LOL!):cool2: