My first CP Soap!

NedraBryce

Yes I am an addict now. I need a saop box for sure. It was really fun. I had to stir it for two hours but it was awesome. :)

Nedra, if you are going to make soap (As I know you will:wink2: ) Get a stick blender. Walmart has them for $10-11. This will save you tons of time, and give you more time to think up your next recipe.:cheesy2:

I think you did well for your first try. Is the soap really soft? or is it hardening up now?

Maltesima,

They are starting to get harder! I wil have to check on them in the morning but they do seem to be drying out. I hope they turn out okay. You are right I need to invest in a stick blender. I will before I do it next. :)

My first batch I unmolded too soon. It was like a cream cheese consistancy. lol I have to warn you, though, once you get that stick blender......you won't be able to stop! :laugh2: Welcome to the addiction.:tongue2:

Take a sliver off one of your bars and give it a try. When you have it lathered up, lightly touch to tip of your tongue with your finger. That will let you know if it is zappy and it will still need to sit for a while. I do CPOP (Cold Process Oven Process )and every time I take it out of the oven, I never have zap. I use a piece right away, however, before I use it in the bath, I let it sit for 2-3 weeks. When I do straight CP, it usually does take a couple of days for the zap to go away.

If you don't want to tongue test your soap, just wash your hands with it. If it stings, that means it needs to sit more.

I know you have to be dying to try it. :wink2: