for those who ship...

spatreats4u

how do you charge for shipping??? DO you charge a flat rate ...calculator...priority ??? I generally charge priority and its calculated however that can be spendy if someone only orders 1 or 2 items...cheaper (for shipping) to use a flat rate box. Also how do you ship just one item..boxes I mean???? they dont make small enough priority boxes IMO for lets say 1 scrub. Just trying other options for my customers ;)

If you were going to ship only one scrub you could always just use a smaller priority mail box. It will not work for flat rate shipping but you usually have an idea of how much it will cost to say ship it to New York using priority mail. Since it does not weigh much I am trying to remember how they do the regions but it would probably be around $5 I think. Works just as great becuase you can order the boxes for free of off USPS. Hope that helps. I ship this way and it works out nicely for me.

If you were going to ship only one scrub you could always just use a smaller priority mail box. It will not work for flat rate shipping but you usually have an idea of how much it will cost to say ship it to New York using priority mail. Since it does not weigh much I am trying to remember how they do the regions but it would probably be around $5 I think. Works just as great becuase you can order the boxes for free of off USPS. Hope that helps. I ship this way and it works out nicely for me.
i do ship that way but I dont like it...lol its still to big and i am a perfectionist on the way it looks when it arrrives. I have customers in canada too so priority doesn't work. I have been only offer Priority mail due to my not liking my products sitting somewhere in mail land :rolleyes2

I also think I might start shipping w/ a carrier also... hmmmm I guess I shouldn't change my ways but just trying to find cheaper ways for a few of my customers.

I recently ordered some boxes from www.uline.com. They have a wide variety of sizes including itty bitty cube shaped ones suitable for 1 jar of scrub. You could also use those for orders to Canada where the priority boxes don't work. Realistically how many customers order only 1 scrub? If they are the exception rather than the rule than I would not worry too much about it.

I recently ordered some boxes from www.uline.com. They have a wide variety of sizes including itty bitty cube shaped ones suitable for 1 jar of scrub. You could also use those for orders to Canada where the priority boxes don't work. Realistically how many customers order only 1 scrub? If they are the exception rather than the rule than I would not worry too much about it.

lol you would think but after 2 yrs of selling there are quit a few that buy only one at a time and then come back to try another scent etc...some of my clients are on limited budgets so can only do what they can to pamper themselves. Not alot but there are more then I expected. Thanks for the link. I think I may have found something too that may work for me. thanks ladies.

lol you would think but after 2 yrs of selling there are quit a few that buy only one at a time and then come back to try another scent etc...some of my clients are on limited budgets so can only do what they can to pamper themselves. Not alot but there are more then I expected.
I know some people have a minimum order amount to prevent the hassle of packaging just one scrub. For me, I just use the smallest sized priority box (1096S is its name) and fill in with peanuts. But I do have a stash of plain boxes for just in case.