using sample fo

I just bought a sample pack of fo's and would like to know how to use it. Should I pour a pillar or just a tealight. If I use a tealight would I be able to check scent throw? If so, should I pour a pillar anyway and test it?

Make a candle wide enough so that you can test the fragrance quality and scent throw more easily (a 3 inch pillar or a container). If you make the same kind of candle every time and use a moderate amount of FO like 1 oz per pound you may find it easier to compare the performance of different fragrance oils.

Don't know what size samples you got, but doing 1 tealight is not going to give you any information. You should use at least one pound of wax per 1oz of fo (sometimes you can go up to 1.5ozs) Make a small pillar, or container candle and test for hot throw after it cures. With some waxes, you can get 3 8oz container candles out of...and you'll need to test what size wicks will work for this fo, wax, and additives, if used.

Test, test, test.....then let us know how it works for you!! :yay: