Bath Cookies

soapermom

this is the recipe I use right now, ( its changed several times with tweeking) this one is working well for me.

2 Cups Baking Soda

1 Cup Natrasorb Bath

1/2 Cup citric acid

1 Cup Epsom Salt

1/2 cup tapioca pure

5 0z melted Cocoa butter

scent and color as desired

Mix all dry ingrediants, add color ands cent to melted cocoa butter then add to dry ingrediants. Work cocoa butter in well by hand , you should have a play doh like consistancy. Roll or pat mixture out onto counter or work surface. Let rest a minute, it will puff a little and dry a little and make cutting easier.

Cut with cookie cutters into desired shapes. Allow to dry in single layer for 48 hours.

you can make a "browned" baked look by brushing on liquid color, or tinted cocoa butter, you can embellish as desired to resemble any cookie you like.

tinted cocoa butter chips or beeswax can cover a multitude of of accessories

48 hours! ahhh, man!

I just tried a different recipe this morning, I balled them up thinking they would flatten...now they're just mounds of dough.

Off to try a new method! Thanks soapermom!

I have been playing with bath cookies for a year now, trying to get away from the original bad idea with the goopy egg, knowing there had to be another option.. I tried a baked version, and couldn't get it just right without being too dry and brittle. I just keep on playing:yay: I like the challenge.

Thank you for posting this. I don't have tapioca pure not even sure what it is lol Is there something that can be subbed for this? I have dry flo, and a pure gel cornstarch type powder. I guess I can just try this and see how it works huh. lol

I believe you could switch it with corn starch.

yes you can.. I use both... the natrisorb bath and tapioca pure arent much different different from each other, both made from tapioca starch and same INCI-tapioca starch. I do find the natrasorb bath seems to hold more oil.. maybe the modification , the fact its broken down further into the maltodextrin or whatever makes it better for that??

the tapioca pure or cornstarch, whatever you wanna use is basically filler.

Sure you can sub, but you'd have to play with the amounts really to see how much you can form them into cookies & such.

I did some with TRO, Rosehip & Cocoa Butter...they're hard as rocks, but I eve added in some water to help with the dough like consistancy I wanted. I was hoping they'd flatten more, but they're still like dough balls.

• 1 month later...