Is there a website for candle lingo

I'm not sure if there is a site or not. You will just learn what everything is, lol. I know it is overwhelming for a newcomer. What are you having trouble with? I think there is a link for suppliers & their abbreviations at the top of the general candlemaking board. I know I even have to stop & think about what some are--several are similar. If I can help, just holler

Pam R:yay:

I just came upon this site last night and now I am even more overwhelmed but it has been very helpful. I really like this new hobby and I think with time and practice is where I will figure out my problems. I had some cracking and crater issues on my tops, going to try to change my pouring techniques on my next batch. I fixed my tops with a heat gun but will after they a fixed does it affect the burning of the candles? If I get bad crated should I start over or will the fixed candles be OK. I hope I didn't sound too confusing.

I just came upon this site last night and now I am even more overwhelmed but it has been very helpful. I really like this new hobby and I think with time and practice is where I will figure out my problems. I had some cracking and crater issues on my tops, going to try to change my pouring techniques on my next batch. I fixed my tops with a heat gun but will after they a fixed does it affect the burning of the candles? If I get bad crated should I start over or will the fixed candles be OK. I hope I didn't sound too confusing.

If you are using a straight paraffin wax then you will have sink holes. This is common as paraffin wax shrinks as it cools causing a sink hole around the wick. You need to reserve wax to top off the candle with.

Heat gunning a sink hole will work and does not affect the burn.