Web hosting and shopping cart

camoflauge

ok, i've done a lot of things to get my business ready. i've got my address reserved. but now i need to get a web host and a store front going. I want something easy for now, but has the ability to be personalized later. I also want a shopping cart and the ability to use pay pal for credit cards-which i have set up already too.

who did you use for your webhost/internet store and why? and cost if you know.

i used godaddy.com to reserve domain name. i have my business email through them and so far i'm impressed. but, don't know what to think about their "website tonight".

thanks for the help.

Heather

These threads are killing me - no offense to you personally Heather, but we have had probably 5 threads this last week on this very subject.

On top of each page, there is a search feature that you can type in different words and get tons and tons of posts based on this very subject.

Here is a thread that is just from the other day:

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33651

It has alot of helpful information in it about webhosting and when searching for the very same subject there are tons and tons of posts - but I only listed the first few that came up.

Lots of reading - HTH

(Also, when looking on this particular kind of thread, there are Google adwords that come up for different webhosts as well)

I too would love to find out as well. I've done extensive research on the webhosting sites but am leary to commit to any of them for fear of choosing the 'wrong one'. I too have a domain with godaddy and I did purchased their 'website tonight program' designed to have your 'website up and running by tonight'......well it's been over 150 nights and I only got the home page done! So what does that tell ya? Either I'm a complete idiot or their program is just too complicated. Even my brother tried to help me with very little success (he's the one the did the home page,lol) and he's actually a computer whiz! I'm not trying to 'bash' Godaddy but I find it's not working for me and it's been frustrating not getting my website up and running while I'm paying every month. They do have a 24 hour customer service and I have emailed them and gotten replies but it's still too complicated for me. So far I've looked at DIY stores,Create a Shoppe,EZ Shoppes, U Maintain-It and WAHM Shoppes. I've emailed one of them about their service 3 days ago and have yet to receive a reply. Do any of you have webhosting with any of these services especially the last 4? I know alot about DIY but would like to know about the others before I make a decision.

Shannonicon11.gif

Sorry Jenny, I jumped the gun when I saw the first post. I will check out the newest thread. These late nights are killing me......snoring.

Didn't mean to add fuel to this heated debate, LOL!!

By the way you must not have drank that pot of coffee like I told you, OMG quit hanging around here and get in that hospital, LOL!!

Shannon

I have Yahoo and I literally had my site up and running in 2 days. I used Yahoo's Sitebuilder, which I think is very easy to use. I don't know how much it costs offhand, but I am sure it is a little bit more than the places you listed. If you go with the ones you listed, make sure they have a custoemr service #. A lot of those places are run from a home and don't have customer service. The people don't want to be bothered at home at all hours of the night. I understood that, which is why I didn't go with them. I have heard of people sending emails and never getting a response for a few days. With Yahoo, you can call them 24/7. I am never on hold for more than 3 minutes and they have always been able to help me within 10 minutes or less. Besides customer service reps, Yahoo even assigned someone specifically to help me via phone/email for 30 days. If I had a question, he would respond to it right away. He knew my site and could look at what I was talking about. I have never had a problem with Yahoo. Feel free to PM me any other questions. HTH!

When I first started out on the web, I went with Prim Mart (www.primmart.com). They run you $20 a month for their DIY webstores but it was worth the extra money to get the exposure since I was just starting out. Once I got going though, I then decided to go with www.WAHMShoppes.com because it was the same hosting service that Prim Mart uses but it was only $7.00 a month. You get everything you need with them, even premade website templates if you want to use them. You can also upload your own graphics.

i did a search on the web, and for some reason i had thought i had searched the forums instead!!! too many late nights. I apologize for repeating an earlier thread...

so, for those of you who have wahm shoppes as your web host/ site builder, would you please link your sites or pm me with them as i'd like to get some ideas on what kinds of sites they can "build"

thanks (and sorry!!)