Lip Balm question...

ruba

I know that there is probably a post out there somewhere that may contain the answer...but I can not find it:angry2: .

I really like the way the BCN lip balm base feels, but it dries my lips out, not bad, even my friend mentioned this too. I would like to add something to it so that I can use it all the time and LOVE it. I was thinking something like lanolin oil...I love lanolin, I like to use my left over Lansinoh (yes the stuff for breastfeeding moms) on my lips and they stay nice and soft.

My questions are... can I do this without having to add anything else to the base?? Is this a good additive for my needs?? If not what do you guys and gals suggest??

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me, I really appreciate it.

I like to use my left over Lansinoh (yes the stuff for breastfeeding moms) on my lips and they stay nice and soft.

I use that stuff for everything - lips, my son's eczema (after I put lotion or shea on it, I think the lanolin "seals" it). I get dry skin patches too, and use it. I put it on my heels at bedtime with socks (again, after the shea).

I would love to have an easy way to put it in lip balm without getting the stickiness!

Thanks gals! I went ahead and put some in a small batch I made last night. I will have some more friends test it out and let me know their feelings too. So far I used it al day today and I don't feel super dry...but it did take a week or so for the other lip blam to dry them out, so only time will tell.

Thanks again.

Since Lansinoh is an ultrapure, medical-grade lanolin & Refined by a patented process to remove environmental impurities (including pesticide residues) and allergic components (free of lanolin alcohols and detergent residues), it should be better than regular lanolin.

Absolutely. It is the proteins component of things that trigger allergic reactions, and a properly refined oil or wax should be free of these. Particularly medical grade.

(In fact, technically my peanut-allergic son should be able to eat food cooked in peanut oil, and did a zillion times before we figured out he was allergic (after eating an actual peanut with a relatively mild rxn and then a blood test). Now I would never take the chance cause there is no reward to outweigh the risk!)