Does this seem expensive to you???

chauntelle

For a while i've been searching for jars that are from my suppliers here in the uk,as it costs far too much to pay shipping costs from America. I've been looking for the 'yankee' style jars. it's taken me a while but i've finally found one of my suppliers who will supply me nxt mth. I'm not 100% sure on the prices though so i was hoping if i tell u howe much they r u could give me your opinion!

4oz = £2.10

7oz = £2.24

12oz = £2.48

there is a wholesale price if ordering 250 units+ which can be mixed and the delivery would be £79.00 any less and the delivery charge would be costed @ weight value.

Rubber seals start @ 20p each.

My main worry is that my customers will find it too expensive once i've added all other costs. I also have to consider my wholesale customers.

Any advice would be appreciated!!:o

yowza! 2.2BP = $4.20 USD What could you sell a candle that size for? To me that looks very high, but I guess it depends on your costs and what you are able to sell it for.

I double the cost of my jar and triple (or 4X depending...)all other costs to get my retail selling price. How do your costs play out against what you could sell it for?

For a while i've been searching for jars that are from my suppliers here in the uk,as it costs far too much to pay shipping costs from America. I've been looking for the 'yankee' style jars. it's taken me a while but i've finally found one of my suppliers who will supply me nxt mth. I'm not 100% sure on the prices though so i was hoping if i tell u howe much they r u could give me your opinion!

4oz = £2.10

7oz = £2.24

12oz = £2.48

there is a wholesale price if ordering 250 units+ which can be mixed and the delivery would be £79.00 any less and the delivery charge would be costed @ weight value.

My main worry is that my customers will find it too expensive once i've added all other costs. I also have to consider my wholesale customers.

who are you getting these from? I'm in the UK too and don't pay that much for jars.

Nat

4oz = £2.10

7oz = £2.24

12oz = £2.48

Sorry meant to send this for chauntelle (and anyone else in the uk :cool2: ) not to exclude anyone outside of the UK but you get better deals and I don't think it would be of interest. I am thinking of buying in bulk, the delivery charges are high, but they are glass and probably heavy.

may even take a drive!! :)

http://www.colouredbottles.co.uk/store/home.php?cat=392

Hi NattyCat - I found a really good site here in the UK, not sure if it is the same one you are on about - the jars are called pot jars, really nice - work out at £1.78 - will get the address/link for you.

This is a good site, but they're not £1.78. They're £1.78 plus VAT (£2.09) plus delivery (very high) Each pot works out at around £1.85 to £2.00 once all those factors are taken into account - whether you drive there (high petrol costs + miles + your time spent collecting instead of creating) or get them delivered.

There is NO really competitive jar supplier in this country unless you buy thousands of them. I've used that website myself, and am forced to use it too, but with the cost of wax over here, the cost of FO plus the extortionate costs of jars that would only be £1 in the USA - we are fighting a losing battle.

Nat

What about hinged ones i saw them on the website mentioned above and i can get them for half that price but i'm not sure if customers buy them? Do you think i should give them ago coz it would b cheaper that the other ones?

Don't you think glass jars in the uk suck!(no offence meant to anyone!):sad2:

Yes I agree, It's not fair the lack of supplies we have here in the UK:cry2:

I've searched high and low for suppliers for containers in the UK, it's worth giving them a try if they are cheaper, they have to be better than the plain old jam jars! :cool2: and if the pot ones are the same as in the US they problably are not suited for candle use.

Yes I agree, It's not fair the lack of supplies we have here in the UK:cry2:

I've searched high and low for suppliers for containers in the UK, it's worth giving them a try if they are cheaper, they have to be better than the plain old jam jars! :cool2: and if the pot ones are the same as in the US they problably are not suited for candle use.

The pots with push on lids ARE ok for candles, I use them myself - very reluctantly because they cost so much. You HAVE to get the wicking right though, as the glass is thin and could crack if the flame is too hot. I also use the hinged terrine jars, but these are not fabulous sellers for me and are also too expensive if you want to sell your candle at a competitive price - they are much better used for bath/body products.

All my other jars and containers come from Germany or the USA.

I would be interested to find out where you can get the hinged ones at that price chauntelle - I use them for my bath salts and body scrubs.

Nat

The pots with push on lids ARE ok for candles, I use them myself - very reluctantly because they cost so much. You HAVE to get the wicking right though, as the glass is thin and could crack if the flame is too hot. I also use the hinged terrine jars, but these are not fabulous sellers for me and are also too expensive if you want to sell your candle at a competitive price - they are much better used for bath/body products.

All my other jars and containers come from Germany or the USA.

I would be interested to find out where you can get the hinged ones at that price chauntelle - I use them for my bath salts and body scrubs.

Nat

It's through a supplier that i use for my outdoor shop but they will only supply to certain businesses but i manage to get them through my shop.If i can help then please let me no chauntellebacon@btinternet.com not sure how much it would cost to p&p to you if you let me no the costings then i'll c if it will be cheaper this way just let me no!