::What would you do?::

AmySue

I have a deal on my website that you can get 15% off your first order, and all you need to do is sign up for our newsletter. The newsletter is a double opt in too, once you get an email from us, click on the link, you are given a coupon code to use on your order.

Here is my situation: I had a customer who placed an order and specified to pay via credit card. Her information didn't show up so I emailed her and was called the following day with the information. As I was hanging up with her, she says, I also tried to get 15% off and clicked the link and it didn't work. I told her I would look into it. What happened is that she didn't do the double opt in part. I see that she signed up but she didn't verify her subscription. So I emailed her again on the 27th about what I had found out and that I would give her the discount when she verified her account, but in a professional way.

Still have not heard back from her, I have the card information and order information. My question is: Do I wait any longer and make the order later and later? or Do I go ahead and do it like there isn't a discount and if she signs up later, then let her take the 15% off on her next order?

Any suggestions would be so helpful as I have a 2-3 day turn around and its already been that!! UGH!!

To avoid any complications, I would just give her the 15% off. If she can't follow the directions to sign up, she will probably not understand anything that you will try to explain to her. Just send her a friendly little note stating that you didn't want to hold up her order and if she could be so kind as to finish the process, it would greatly be appreciated.

Ya know, suck up to her. If you make her happy the 1st time, you'll have a customer for life.

Tracy