My Bubble Bars (Pic Heavy!)

I got the idea to use Sodium Lactate instead of Glycerin or just plain water. Added 1/4 Sodium Lactate to a 2 pound batch, and only need 3 mists of witch hazel. The green ones are colored with spinach powder, and the heart is pure cocoa butter (the chocolate smelling kind) colored with spinach powder. I figured the customer could remove the heart and use it as a seperate bath just for soaking and moisturizing their skin. Forgot to add that they are scented Cucumber.

Using cocoa powder for my Chocolovers version was a bad idea, as I now have something that looks like meatloaf/ground beef (yes, I can hear all of you all over the world laughing at my dumb idea!!) and I don't know if anyone will want to bathe with that! But it smells good!

The white ones are scented with Baby by Bobbi Brown. Let me know what you think!

1006599kb6.jpg

1006597lz8.jpg

1006596vj3.jpg

1006598fp9.jpg

Those look awesome!!! I like the brownie ones.

I tried to make some today and I don't know what I did but I have playdough at this point. :rolleyes2 I have no idea what consistency I'm looking for at all. Have any tips? I used glycerine at first and then when I checked on them they crumbled so used some SL and now I just have dough logs.

Mine came from Magestic Mountain Sage. I think its even cheaper than glycerin, and I noticed a totally different feel on my skin when I use it in my lotions instead of glycerin.

Thanks! I'll add it to my list to orger when I get around to ordering from MMS. :cheesy2:

Those look nice! I love your idea of the little cocoa butter heart. How adorable!

I like the idea because the bubbles from the bubble bars themsleves are not necessarily moisturizing. I think if we started adding butters or oils to them it would kill the foam. (not sure but thats what I've been reading)

So I can imagine taking off the heart, then bubbling up the tub with the bubble bar, then dropping the heart back in the water to get some moisturing effect in the water. Perfect idea!

Question for you.. Did you press the heart into the bar immediately? Or did you let it dry out a tad? How do you fet it to stay stuck on without falling off?

I took one of my 8 ounce lotion bottles and cut the top and bottom off and made myself a little temporary round mold. Then I stuff the mix in it, pound it in, waited 2 minutes then pushed out. Then I put that in wax paper, flattened it out a bit and sliced with a mini silicone spatula.

Robin has a recipe posted here:

http://candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33478

I used the same recipe but instead of glycerin I used Sodium Lactate.