MochaMama

I have seen so many that I am confused

Coconut oil

Fractionated coconut oil

76 degree coconut oil

Virgin coconut oil

Coconut cream butter

Help!

I am basically looking for the semi-solid at room temp (I suspect this is the 76 degree) and the stuff used for massage oil.

I know one can use the virgin coconut oil to eat and to moisturize, but this type is usually more expensive that the others. Am I even close in my defintions?

Thanks all!

Coconut oil usually = 76 degree coconut oil. It's solid at and below 76 degrees. Above 76 degrees it's liquid. If it's used in an oil like a massage oil it's probably blended with another oil else it would solidify when it got cool. It's the cheapest and what we soap with as well as using in other B&B. You can cook with this, it has no flavor or scent.

Fractionated coconut oil absorbs better into the skin and is always liquid. It reminds me of cyclo. Scentless, flavorless.

Virgin coconut oil still smells beautifully of coconut. I think it solidifies at 76 too, but not sure about this. I used it in my lip balms with monoi (which is basically coconut oil infused with tiare) and beeswax. Have no idea about eating it.

Coconut cream butter? got me!