IGI 4627, smaller minimum order than 25 lbs???

I have tried it and didn't not find it superior to my current wax. It was messy, but many people have perfected techniques to get through that (wearing latex gloves, fishing wire, etc). I think it is like evey other thing in candle making, what works for some doesn't work for others!

All waxes have their advantages, but different advantages are important to different people.

4627 does hold a lot of scent, if you need that much. Some people don't so it wouldn't matter.

People often comment that the scent throw is exceptional and maybe it is, but I doubt there's a world of difference. All the popular paraffin container blends throw well.

The melting point is on the higher side and can cause some wicking difficulties. This wax is also harder to burn than most, so it can mushroom more depending on your choice of wicks.

If you're very averse to wet spots, 4627 has the least of any. If you get the pouring technique down, sometimes you can virtually eliminate them. YMMV.

I'm not putting the wax down, just putting it in perspective. There's no panacea out there and everyone has their preferences. Actually I admire this wax. I figured out how it's made and cloned it. My version is better. ;)

Not in the sense that I would offer it by the case, but I could probably sell pallet quantities even now. Would have to look into what amount is economical to make.

I'm a case kind of gal still...ah well! Maybe in the future :D .

It's awesome that you were able to make something for yourself. Very impressed here.

Jen

• 1 month later...