6006 Wax

I finally ordered two cases of 6006 and received them today. I always use zinc with my other waxes, but have heard these may not work so well with this wax, so I ordered a sample pack of Eco's and the german LX. I am planning to test in the 8oz. jelly jar and the 16oz, wide mouth. Does any one have a good starting point for either of these, or the 16oz. apothecary. I use this jar a lot,too.These wicks and the wax are new to me, so any help at all would be great. Thanks So Much

Hi Donna...

I'm still fairly new to using this wax, but I use it in the 8-ounce jelly jar (regular mouth) and 8-ounce square mason with LX wicks - the range I've been testing in these jars has been from LX16 to LX20, depending on FO. It seems like no matter what I do so far, I get a great throw with this wax! :) I think I love it...

Lori

Thanks to Everyone for your help. I am really loving this wax. I have been playing with it all week and am very impressed. I am wondering if anyone has tried layered containers with it. I haven't noticed any wet spots with the wax which is a common problem I have with layers and other waxes. I think I am gonna try it, just wondering if any one else has yet,,,Thanks Again,Donna

How is the sooting with this blend? I'm using up what I have, but I'm still looking. But, I hate the sooting and find with some blends that if I wick small enough to prevent sooting, then I don't get a great melt pool, esp. in the 8 oz. sq. masons, which are my jar of choice. TIA. Beth

I have only tested a couple and not all the way down, but I haven't had any soot issues. I am testing some with the LX and some with Zincs. Isn't the soot problem caused by the wicks and not the wax? I really, really like this wax.

That may well be. It just seemed in the past, if the wick was too large no matter what kind, it would soon soot some, but the soy/para blends I tried did seem worse. I am really interested in this wax and if the good reviews keep coming, I may just have to get some and give it a try. I'm also interested in the IGI 6004 which is an all vegie blend. Has anyone tried this? All we need is the perfect wax, perfect wick and perfect jar. LOL. Don't want much, do I? Beth