Impulse Sealer Question

AngelaVA

I am looking to buy an impulse sealer and some shrink tubing to package my tarts/votives in. I saw on Packco's site that they have a regular sealer and then they have a sealer with a cutter. The one with the cutter is supposed to be good for the shrink tubing. I was wondering if I really need one with the cutter or can I get away with using the regular one? I have never used an impulse sealer before, so not really sure how this all works. Thanks! :D

I also got mine off of ebay. I can't remember what I paid, but it was a lot cheaper than anywhere on the net for the same unit. Mine works great. I didn't get one with a cutter either. Good luck. If you are going to shrink wrap, a sealer makes things soooo much easier!

I am looking to buy an impulse sealer and some shrink tubing to package my tarts/votives in. I saw on Packco's site that they have a regular sealer and then they have a sealer with a cutter. The one with the cutter is supposed to be good for the shrink tubing. I was wondering if I really need one with the cutter or can I get away with using the regular one? I have never used an impulse sealer before, so not really sure how this all works. Thanks! :D

I have this trim and seal from packcoinc: note free shipping on orders over $25.00. It's a great sealer and I love the cutter. http://www.packcoinc.com/orderonline2.asp?whichitem=MP-8TS

e

Eugenia, the Packco site has a sealer with trim and seal element and a sealer with a cutter. They look to be two different things. The site says that the trim and seal is for shrink bags and the cutter is for shrink tubing. They say the trim/seal is not usually used for tubing. I'm not sure how the trim/seal is different from the cutter. I'm so confused :confused: If I do get one with an extra feature, which one do I need?

Eugenia, the Packco site has a sealer with trim and seal element and a sealer with a cutter. They look to be two different things. The site says that the trim and seal is for shrink bags and the cutter is for shrink tubing. They say the trim/seal is not usually used for tubing. I'm not sure how the trim/seal is different from the cutter. I'm so confused :confused: If I do get one with an extra feature, which one do I need?

I have the MP-8 trim and seal. It's a well made, heavy unit. I use it with their tubing. For example, if I'm doing votives: I cut a length of 18" or so. Seal the end. Put a votive in (sideways) . Seal and trim. Do the next, etc., then shrink. I got a roll of the 4" tubing which appears will last me for life, LOL. I use it for votives, tarts and soap. I ordered the entra seal element (which has not yet been required). Paid less than $100 for the whole shebang and it really delivers.

e