powdered bath salts?

Robin29

Does anyone think these will sell like regular bath salts?

I was playing with my new stick blender, grinding up my coarse sea salts for bath bombs and wound up with powdered salt. I am sure it will work well in bath bombs, but wonder if anyone thought they would sell on their own as regular bath salts.

They dissolve almost instantly in water and provide the same benefits, but would it appeal to customers? Just wondering if anyone has thought, or tried, this before.

From the point of view of a customer... I would probably think 'Cool, that will dissolve nicely! No waiting or sitting in salt for fifteen minutes.' But you would have to convince me that it's just as lasting at the same time. "I" realize it doesn't go anywhere in the water, but as someone buying it, it would be easy to think that if it is reduced to it's most basic form will it last or be as effective. Know what I mean?

you could mix it up with some slsa and make bubble bath powder too. I would like it, because I hate big chunky bath salts.. they look nice in containers, but I hate waiting for them to dissolve and there is always half a dozen SLOW dissolvers for whatever reason, that I always manage to sit on!

It seems like a good idea but, with it in powder form or almost it wouldn't have much bulk to it. What i mean is 8 oz. of bath salt looks like alot but grind it up and it will look like a small amount. Even if the oz are on the package. Maybe I'm wrong, would not be the first time.

Blaze, that was what I was wondering... would the customer think of it in the same way.

Soapermom: I HATE the slow ones, and they always find that spot where you sit. ouch. Perhaps I could use that as a selling point, lol. ;)

Beloved: Good point.

Hrm.... I just might have to give it a shot and report back.

I sell my bath salts and fizzies a little different then most ... I think!! I use tea bags. The fizzies are in powder form and I'm using the finest salts I can find for the bath salt bags. My customers love them because they don't sit in salt - the bags steep in the warm water and they get the same effect of just pouring or dropping the salt/bombs in the tub. Squeeze the tea bag and toss. Easy cleanup.

I actually sold 4-2oz tea bags for double what I sold an 8 oz loose bag last year! The 4 tea bags were bagged in a clear bag w/a bow and label!! I was a little surprised they sold so well!

I agree that most customers don't like sitting in the 'rocky salt' ... I know I don't!! :D

PM - easy way - click on name of person in the post you want to PM and a there will be a drop down menu - click on PM and the screen will pops up.

You'll see any PMs you've received under the Welcome ... top right hand side.

edited to add lemelange.com is the company I get the tea bags from.

I tried it and got this:

Robin29, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

:cry2:

I guess that I do not have enough posts, or have not been here long enough, or something.

Thanks for the site, though!