Working on carpeted areas

Hi all,

I am planning on making a second bedroom in my home my candle work area. I am concerned, however, about getting wax onto the carpet. So I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I could use to cover the floors. I thought about a vinyl floor mat, like the ones used for office chairs so that they roll easily, but obviously that wouldn't be big enough.

I know I can't be the first person to try to work on top of a carpeted space, so just wondering what others have done. Thanx.

Hi all,

I am planning on making a second bedroom in my home my candle work area. I am concerned, however, about getting wax onto the carpet. So I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I could use to cover the floors. I thought about a vinyl floor mat, like the ones used for office chairs so that they roll easily, but obviously that wouldn't be big enough.

I know I can't be the first person to try to work on top of a carpeted space, so just wondering what others have done. Thanx.

go to harbor fright and get one of those big blue tarps to cover the floor and there are cheap.

You can always buy a roll of linoleum flooring and lay it over the carpet. More durable than a tarp if you spill, or drop something on it.

This is what I would suggest also. When I first started in a room with carpet that's what I used. Buy some molding like 3/4" Quarter Round so you can tack it to the wall over the linoleum.

When I rented the house that I am in now, there was terribly stained carpet in the kitchen! The landlord refused to let us take it up and put down good linolium so...........We went and bought 1/4" thick plywood and the cheap linolium from Freds which was around 20.00 a roll. I had to get two. We nailed the plywood down and put the linolium down over that and walaaaaa, I have a linoliumed kitchen floor! When we go to move, I can easily take it back up.

If you put linolium down without something between the carpet and linolium, you will wind up with many cracks and tears even if you put nothing on it but your feet! The plywood helps eliminate the depressions and tears that you will get once you start putting items on that floor.

I am about to covert another bedroom into a workshop here soon and I will have to do the same thing in there as we did the kitchen. Only this time, I may have to pay more for linolium as I cant find a Freds who has two of the same darn rolls! LOL

Good Luck to you!!