PerfumersAlcohol-VS-Cyclo-VS-Bases

tarynjms

I've seen alot about using Body Spray Bases & using combinations of Cyclomethicone& Fractionated Coconut Oil to make body sprays, but I never see much about using Perfumers Alcohol & FO to make sprays. I have never used Perfumers Alcohol to make a spray, but was wondering if any one else does? I'm assuming it makes a stronger, longer lasting spray, is that right? Would it be a 50/50 mix of PerAlco & FO? And do we need any special permits, or whatever, to buy & then sell products with perfumers alcohol in it? I guess I was just assuming, without actually knowing, that there must be some kind of catch to using it & maybe that's why so many people don't use it & go for the Cyclomethicone or bases instead. Or maybe it's the price? Can anyone chime in & set me straight? Thank you very much!

I've made some body spray with straight cyclo and LoveSpell f/o. To me and many of family and friends, we find it to last way longer than the name brand perfumes from the department stores. Also, I've been using cyclo and f/o to make roomsprays and have been getting outstanding reviews and compliments on how long they last compared to other roomsprays. I've been assuming they last longer due to there is no alcohol or water but I'm not sure.

I'm super new at sprays. I've used cyclo, FCO and FO; I'm the only tester so far, but I love, love, love the way it feels on my skin!! I'm gonna make some up for my coworkers to sample/test for me...they love when I'm trying something new!LOL Thanks for the link to snowdrift for Perfumer's/Formulator's Alcohol...I've been trying to think my way around to something my DH would use, he likes very little in the way of colognes and such. Looks to fit the bill!

Lisa

Life=10% what happens to you, 90% what you do with those experiences!--ME