Recipe for Lotion Candle?

The ones I've made I used cocoa butter, shea butter, and sweet almond oil along with my wax. I dont think they would be solid enough for tarts. As I said before, I've had great results testing these and I do use them on my husband, even my kids. But I wouldnt (and have been told by my insurance I cant..) sell them. but we PERSONALLY enjoy them alot!

I guess you could use just about any body butter recipe. I pour tarts into foil cups so they should be fine. Thanks for the info... I was thinking they could be place in a coffee cup with saucer and have a spoon. Place the cup under one of those candle warming lamps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

This topic has been an interesting read. One can definitely see both sides of the issue here. Gives you a lot to think about when not only making a product such as a lotion candle, but with all of the items a company makes. Unfortunately lawsuits are lurking everywhere. I enjoyed the discussion and learned a lot! Thanks to everyone who has shared their experiences with us all!

Jackie

http://jaxxcandles.com

• 2 months later...

Well it's time we chimed in as a new user. We recently went to a craft fair and it was the first time we saw a chandler selling lotion candles. We dipped out fingers in the hot wax and do agree it makes your hands soft and finger nails shiny......BUT the more we thought about entering that line the more risks we realized. Glad to hear the more experienced people feel its a liability.