all coconut created equal?

ignitethesenses

To my understanding and I am still new to this. Coconut 76 you use in soaps, fractionated you use in lotions. The others one I don't know anything about. I understand the coconut 76 in your soaps could be more drying. Hopefully one of our super soaper will chime in here. HTH

OMgosh, I was just about to post a question similar to this so hopefully an experienced soaper can answer this. I picked up a couple jars of coconut oil from the natural section of the grocery store and didn't notice until I got home that one was refined & the other was unrefined. Will this make a difference in SAP values or how it soaps at all?

TIA!

• 2 months later...

I'm bumping this back up, because I'd like to know too. I found this in an archives search. I'm wondering if VCO is less drying than refined CO in a lip balm/lotion bar recipe? I've read that VCO can be used straight as a moisturizing balm. Anyone know from experience? Otherwise, I will let everyone else know in a few days, because I am getting some from the nutrition store tonight.