wick size

60-44-18c

62-52-18c

these I do not think are the same as peaks carry(correct me if I am wrong) and they will do up to 4 inches in soy..

I use these in a true 12 ounce hex jars .. these are the only ones I can find to clear that particular jar.. the 62-52-18c Which you got all those corners to contend with..

now I am working with the 12 ounce victorian.. which is kinda square, and now I am testing with the 1312 htp.. which is finally giving me a full melt pool.. but not done testing them quite yet..and I am guessing the square masons are about as wide as these jars...

If you need to know where you can get these wicks.. you can pm me...

I would start with a sample pack ..and try the 60-44-18c first

then go with the 62-52-18c also an lx 28 or 30 might do it too...

hth out some and wish you great success!

Cathy

Yes Cathy, you are correct the cottons that Peaks carries are different than than the 60c and 62c. I don't know what the difference is but I do know they are different. I've used both and really liked the cottons Peaks carries but they just were quite big enough to clean my jar. Darn it.

You can also try an RRD 55 and see if that size wick will do the job. Good luck.

I do my 8oz square masons with the RRD55. I do get a bit of a mushroom, but I also get a full melt pool and very clean jars with most all of my FO's. I decided to add an 8oz jelly jar to my collections and am just getting ready to have some friends test those. I am starting off with the RRD55 in that jar also so I hope it works as well.

That jar seems to give a lot of people headaches, including me lately. The biggest zinc and the biggest Peak cotton wick just don't make it quite there. Although I think the 62-52-18 are coming the closest. And double wicking with the smallest wicks is too much. I have not tried the 1212 or the 1312 yet, was trying to avoid ordering yet another wick to add to my growing collection.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I test poured today and did some with the 62C (though it won't clear all my edges in many scents) and a HTP 1212. This seems really large, but again, the HTP 126 only works in the light scents. I've also tried the eco 14 and various CDs. Not too sure what CD size might be right. Also tried double wicking that I didn't care for. Well, by the time I get done testing (again) I won't have 200 lbs of this wax left! :laugh2: I've easily used up 25 lbs. these last few days! Beth

Well, by the time I get done testing (again) I won't have 200 lbs of this wax left! :laugh2: I've easily used up 25 lbs. these last few days! Beth

LOL! I have easily used up 200 lbs at least, testing.... It comes with the territory. As long as you are having fun and learning, that's all that counts. :grin2:

Hey thanks. I need to show my husband your post! :cheesy2: I guess my frustration is that none of the testing is resulting in a great candle despite following all the directions and suggestions. I am unhappy with my wax, have tested several others but I'm still not sure which direction to turn. I really wanted to sell by this fall...It's been over a year of trials so far. But each new pour may be the turning point! Gotta love that soy!!! Beth