Lye in north AL?

happy_paws_haven

Sorry to say you will have to order it online. The reason why I say that is because I had my son try to find me some and then have him ship to me but they couldn't find any. They are in the Toney, Ardmore area but he works in the Huntsville area. I hope to be moving back there in the near future. HTH

Hey Carrie. did you have a problem with her cart and how much did you get? TIA

I didn't have any problem with the cart. I bought 10lbs.

HPH--I'd be afraid to ship lye without knowing the shipping/hazmat laws, otherwise I'd send a pound so you could start soaping. Sorry

Carrie

Thanks all for your help. We have a few skin safe scents (from candle making) that don't throw well in soy, so I thought I could try making some CP for our personal use. Finally get the guts to try and can't get the lye.

Candlemakingkid, I pm'd you, thank you.

SatinDucky, I have tried there (actually I have been to almost every store in our area) and none of them carry it.

I don't want to get a huge amount, as we run an animal shelter and I don't want to run the risk of someone (cat, dog, kid) getting into it.

Thanks again all for your help.

Go to any of your local hardware stores or home improvement stores and check to see if they carry it. Smaller stores are sometimes willing to order it for you. When I recently found out that Lowes won't be carrying it anymore, I went to a local hardware store and they were going to order it for me until I realized that Sarah's carries it and even with s&h, it was cheaper. But at least I now I have an alternative source should I ever need it. Also the local store told me that Red Devil isn't even going to be making it anymore b/c of the druggies so that is why Lowes isn't carying it anymore. Damn druggies are making it so difficult for us soapers. :angry2:

Go to any of your local hardware stores or home improvement stores and check to see if they carry it. Smaller stores are sometimes willing to order it for you. When I recently found out that Lowes won't be carrying it anymore, I went to a local hardware store and they were going to order it for me until I realized that Sarah's carries it and even with s&h, it was cheaper. But at least I now I have an alternative source should I ever need it. Also the local store told me that Red Devil isn't even going to be making it anymore b/c of the druggies so that is why Lowes isn't carying it anymore. Damn druggies are making it so difficult for us soapers. :angry2:

Makes no diference if Red Devil quits making it, th druggies will find another chemical/OTC medicine to cook up. I can just about bet, it wont even take them long enough finding a replacement to slow the flow of drugs :mad:

I am in Pulaski...Same county as Ardmore... And I have only been able to find it at Freds (not Fred's Dollar Store....just Freds) and CeeBee Grocery (a little grocery store .. you know like with old meat and dust on their stuff...lol:laugh2: ) GL on finding some....

Makes no diference if Red Devil quits making it, th druggies will find another chemical/OTC medicine to cook up. I can just about bet, it wont even take them long enough finding a replacement to slow the flow of drugs :mad:

Boy aint that the truth. I'm just glad that I can still get it and for a decent price. The druggies can do with it what they want, I just want to want to make soap and help make the world a cleaner place. :tongue2::laugh2:

Hi everyone!

It's Sarah from Sarah's Spa Creations. I wanted to apologize for the shopping cart problems. We recently updated our cart and there are some problems with the new security patch in internet explorer. Firefox and netscape both work, and we hope to have IE working by tomorrow morning.

If you ever have any questions you're more than welcome to contact us via phone or email.

Thanks!

www.sarahsspacreations.com

Hi everyone!

It's Sarah from Sarah's Spa Creations. I wanted to apologize for the shopping cart problems. We recently updated our cart and there are some problems with the new security patch in internet explorer. Firefox and netscape both work, and we hope to have IE working by tomorrow morning.

If you ever have any questions you're more than welcome to contact us via phone or email.

Thanks!

www.sarahsspacreations.com

Wow! That's nice of you to come and explain to us. Very thoughtful :)

When you go to the store to buy the lye, you may have to ask the retail clerk for it. I drove to 16! stores trying to find it in one day:angry2: then I went to ACE Hardware, and asked this young kid where I might find it. Of course he looked at me like I was crazy, but directed me to the asle where they had a sign posted for it, but it was pulled off the shelf. Meth's big up here right now,so everything is locked up. Darn drug addicts!And gas at $3.00 a gallon...sorry venting..anyhoo that's how I bought some.