Has anyone

Anna

purchase Jack Frost fo from BCS.I made a container candle with this fo two weeks ago.Open it this morning,and no cold throw at all,smells like wax.Lite it,good burn,but no hot throw.Just wanted to know if anyone else use this fo.1 1/2 oz per lb,J50 wax.Pour it just like I do the rest of my containers.

Thanks,Anna

I've had this problem with numerous FO's from different companies. Usually it happens with vanillas. There is literally no cold throw, just a "waxy" smell. I ditch the FO and move on. I found that adding vybar, increasing the curing time, etc, never helped. :rolleyes2

Jack Frost was on my to-try list from BCS, but I think I will look elsewhere now. Thanks for the post.

And I completely agree with Terrie. I don't even carry a vanilla yet because I have yet to find one that has any kind of throw. Just Scent's Silky Vanilla and Ultimate Vanilla are on my list to try next. Hopefully something will throw because a few customers keep asking for a good vanilla.

AngelaVA:

If your looking for a good vanilla, Peak's Vanilla Passion kicks ass! I was running very low on wax and made some tarts out of 6228 and Joy Wax. I usually use J223 instead of the Joy but had run out, so I combined the only other container wax that I had with 6228. I was worried that they wouldn't throw well because the Joy Wax is mostly soy and soy won't throw every scent you put in it like paraffin...but I tell you...they are very strong and have a lovely, smooth vanilla scent. Just thought I'd let you know. I'm not usually that fond of vanilla but I really like this one.

Fern