Jar with cork lids - labels??

ubure

I think it looks nice. My only concern would be if the cork absorbs the scent of the candle....I don't know that much about cork. :confused: If I were to use that jar, I would spray the cork with a sealant. Maybe I'm just paranoid...

I do like the look of the jar with the cork lid, though.

Thanks for your answers - I like them too -and the sealant is a good idea as well (I've thought about the scent-absorption-thing as well...makes two paranoids:grin2::grin2:). Do you have any idea what I could use as such a sealant? Maybe silicone?:confused:

Ok, I guess these jars will be MY jars! And I will get this sealing thing fixed as well (just emailed Krylon:cheesy2:).

But I need your opinion once more: what kind of labels? (My logo is the attachment at the bottom) Rectangular, square, oval, kraft, ...

Thank you!!

post-4264-13945840892_thumb.gif

I sell alot and also make alot of candles in the Bee Jars that have the cork lids and have never had a problem with the scent being absorbed in the cork.

I actually have one right now that I poured well over 6 months ago with a cork lid and it still smells as good as the day I poured it...

Sarah,

thank you so much for this info!! So I need not worry anymore..:grin2:

Georgia,

thanks for the compliment, but of course somebody else has made it (Kristal from peddlergraphics.com - she's a darling!!). Needless to say that I love it, too!!:thumbsup: The jars are square, so it would be a good idea to make round or oval labels, I guess. What do you think of ivory labels?