BBW Ingredients

Carol M

I do like the "feel" of the BBW body cream, and was wondering if anyone was familiar with some of these ingredients. The cream contains stearic acid, but then also contains glyceryl stearate SE and glyceryl stearate. When I looked these up, the information indicates that it is a blend of glycerin and stearic and is used as an emulsifier. Wonder what would be the difference in using this, and ewax and glyercin? The cream also contains papain and bromelain. These are plant enzyme compounds commonly used as meat tenderizers.:confused: Wonder what the benefit is in adding them to cream? Anyone here ever heard of any of these ingredients?

I'm sorry I didn't mean to just write mineral oil and dash - I fell asleep lol

More than likely the "feeling" that you love from the BBW lotion is mineral oil. I personally don't like to use anything with mineral oil in it, but many many companies still use it because it is cheap.

Every BBW lotion I've ever seen on the shelf has mineral oil in it - along with dimethecone (sp?) - those two ingredients can make lotions feel like heaven. It's just a matter if you like to use them or not - some people are allergic and have reactions to mineral oil, so when I was formulating my products I chose to keep it out of my line completely.

AJ, the cream does contain stearic, as well as the glyceryl stearates, and that's what was curious to me. There is no mention of ewax or glycerin, though, so this must be a substitute for those things. I did find some info about it on the Dish after I posted this, and looks like it is available at the Herbarie. When I get time, I'm gonna go to that site and do some more reading.

Jenny, the cream does contain mineral oil; you're right, everything they make has it, it seems. I've never used mineral oil because of the negative things I've read about it, but if that is what makes the cream so nice, maybe that's why they use it (in addition to the cheapness). I love dimethicone; I put that in cream all the time and it really does make a wonderful difference.