Packing for shipping.

Robin29

How do you pack up things for shipping?

I just got my order in :whoohoo:and an so excited to get to making my B&B, but wonder how they will ship.

How do you wrap up individual bath bombs for shipping?

What do you use to keep bottles from leaking? Is the shrink wrap around the caps enough?

How do you find shipping boxes? I looked on USPS, but it seems like the boxes are way too big.

Thanks for any ideas. I am anxious to get started!

Oh my, I do think this should have gone in the business section. Sorry!

USPS has great sized boxes - the Box-4, the fatter flat rate for larger orders, and the video sized boxes (large, or 1096S) work great. They're at USPS.com - just go to the supplies link under the shipping tools section, then the priority mail link. I carry 3 box sizes, that covers about everything.

My bombs are in little boxes, but I've also bought plastic egg cartons for when I start to sell them naked.

Peanuts and bubble wrap to cushion the items. These have worked well for me.

One way to do research is to order some of these more fragile items from one of your peers, and see how it's wrapped when it comes.

The USPS boxes, especially the ones Robin listed, aren't big at all, especially when you have a layer of peanuts surrounding everything.

This place also has some good shipping materials (foam, bubble wrap, tape, etc):

www.bubblefast.com

The shipping will kill you on peanuts, so if you buy any - either buy alot and have them trucked in or go get them yourself. Usually costs the same amount of gas or shipping charge anyway.

Best way to package is to make sure everything is tight and tape box - then shake it like a mutha - if you don't hear anything rolling around in there, it's packed well - continue to tape up box. If you hear stuff, more packing materials!!

We also use our newspapers we get every day - get yourself one of those shredders and shred up everything you can get your hands on - it is very therapeutic !