Has anyone ever heard of this??

KristinesShower

It doesn't sound like drop shipping to me. It sounds like you pay a $50 membership to purchase supplies from other manufacturers through them. Some of the suppliers apparently offer a 10% discount on purchases and have lower opening order minimums than normally required. Of course, you've got to order enough product with a discount to recoup your $50 membership.

I've run across clubs for retailers that offer discounts when you pay a membership fee. I contacted some of the companies they listed as participants, and found some were out of business and others no longer participated. Others had opening order amounts like $2500, which even with a discount was way more than I wanted to spend, and more product than I could ever use.

If you think you might be interested, find out who all of the participants are, and contact some to find out about opening order amounts.

They are asking me if I would like to be the B&B line that they start to carry since the one they are carrying now is backing out. (see the Annabell thread)

I'm just not sure if this is something I want to do - or even if I trust it KWIM? He promises 800 customers, but talk is cheap.

I wanted to see if anyone actually belongs to this network or has heard anything about them. What he is looking for is a $500.00 start up fee (this covers product pictures) and then a % off of each wholesale order. Since my minimum is $100.00, that would be my minimum on the site as well.

For some reason I can't "get on board" with the idea. On one hand, it sounds like a good opportunity to get to the people that haven't heard of me yet, but on the other hand, why should I have to pay for someone to find these people for me?

I've never really ventured into the gift basket supplier world, so I don't know how it works really. I have only ever dealt with retail, wholesale and private label.

You know how we chat about b&b and candles...there are forums for people who make giftbaskets too. Just as people want to open their own b&b shops, people outthere think they can open a giftbasket shop, and they too look for suppliers.

I don't like the premise of this deal either. Promising 800 customers only means they have 800 members--not 800 people necessarily interested in your product (although it doesn't mean they aren't either). Think about it--all of the people in this country alone, all of the giftshops across America and all they can come up with is 800 people.

Since they need money to pay for things like photos, are thy only putting them on their website or does the $500 fee include giving you a website? I looked at a couple of websites for some companies they have listed and thought they look suspiciously similar.

All you are doing is making a lot of money for the company. First you pay $500, then members pay $50. They say they have 75 vendors, but list only 25, and out of the 25 I've only heard of two of them. If they could add your name on the list they choose to reveal to viewers it would be good exposure for you. That way, even if they didn't join they could still look you up and order from you directly.

You might do better listing your services on the other forums directly instead of paying for this deal.

Candleman, she said she didn't want to post a direct link, because she didn't want them to find us here! Now whenever anyone types in their address, they might possible find a direct link to this very page. Then you might get a bunch of gift basket makers trying to hawk their wares here.

Candleman, she said she didn't want to post a direct link, because she didn't want them to find us here! Now whenever anyone types in their address, they might possible find a direct link to this very page. Then you might get a bunch of gift basket makers trying to hawk their wares here.

OOps, Candleman's been caught-he obviously was skimming the post-tsk tsk LOL

They contacted me as well late 2004 for my dipped bears and bath & body line..I belive it is the son of the lady that owns www. gift baskets 101

she is a wholesale place to order gift basket supplies..but I always found it CHEAPER to order them directly through the company myself.. her minimums are the same as the actual companies..so why would I go that route. :confused:

He even tried to 1/2 my start up fee and I still said no..it was not worth it in my opinion..plus they have to have a membership to order.

I had a gift basket shop and have been making them for 8 plus years...and I would not have ordered from him..I ordered from his mom..one time..and she Totally screwed up my order from First and Main..when I called them they said not to order through her to call them directly.

IMHO..I would not pay to do that..being on both ends now..I still dont think it would be worth it..and I never would have paid a membership just to be able to possibly buy stuff at a discount.

I also belong to one of those gift basket boards as well..and I don't think most of them would go for the paying membership either. ..oh and they were telling me 800 customers in 2004 ..so they have not gained any since then??????

Can we just kill the "middleman" (so to speak).... I can't stand that....

I hate dealing with the middleman..If I am able to buy directly through a company I would rather go that route instead..the lady that placed my order for First & main actually charged my dedit card for someone elses order as well and caused me overdraft fees and I could not order stuff I needed for several days becuase of it..I was TICKED OFF..

if there is a HUGE minimum that is one thing..but this company does not seem to be really offering anything of great value.

Thanks so much everyone - this really means alot to me because I was really on the fence about this. I completely agree with all of you & I am definitely not going to do this.

I wasn't even able to get into the site to see what they had to offer without a membership or registration - I think that in itself is a little shitty.

...now off to find those gift basket message boards lol

I think the whole concept of the company is an all in one place for gift basket businesses.

The retail gift basket shop can buy all products to put in gift baskets just from one source. Sure it's not cheaper and you are limited to some of the items but it is a "One Stop Shop".

yeah ...BUT you still have to meet each wholesalers minimums..which frankly being in that biz..did not matter..you can buy from those businesses on your own..with the same minimums and get it directly. Kinda seems pointless to me. :undecided there are sooo many other companies that cater to gift basket business that do not drop ship..they actually buy and stock the products so you only have to meet the one minimum and still get good prices..

this concept to me even when he pitched it to me..seemed 'off'

Individual businesses can find out that information on their own unless they lack research skills or the time and determination to find it!

Ding Ding Ding - I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. There are alot of people out there that really don't feel like researching things themselves and I think that this is just one of those sites that kinda "help you along".

By the way, I will hold someone's hand for $50.00 a year and help you find candle/bath & body supplies :grin2: