Mixing cyclomethicone w/ F/O (?)

SouthernGal

I just started mixing this with some body safe f/o. I've noticed some f/o blending completely like "Love Spell" type, Sun Washed Linen, Peach, Magnolia & Rasberry but Apple Jack Peel and Harvest Spice has some separation. Has anyone had this problem? I'm at work and wondering if adding more cyclo will help? Tia

No, adding more cyclo won't help, but you can do this. Make it in a large clear container, let it sit until seperation. Pour off the good part and re-package. It smells strong enough (easily) to use, and as long as you let it sit for a good week before you seperate, it shouldn't seperate again.

umm! i have never had a problem with separation, but i have had problems with cloudiness (only when i use a scent with vanilla). not sure if adding more cyclo will help, but it won't hurt to try. i know that is not much help. maybe someone else who may have experienced the same thing will chime in soon

That's a good idea Bunny. I never thought of that. Some FO's just will not mix with cyclo and some FO's make it cloudy. Just the nature of some of the FO's. Either avoid the ones that you find don't mix, use Bunny's method or use aluminum containers OR put a "shake well before using" label on it.

Well, before I read your responses I tried using less f/o ratio. The reason I thought using less f/o, was I noticed most of the Apple Jack Peel and Harvest Spice blended all except for 1/4 of the oil. I used 10% instead of 25% and it blended perfectly. I keep checking and no separation yet.Thanks everybody for being here and for the advice. :smiley2:

i use 6-7 parts cyclo to 1 part fo...sub out 1 part of the cyclo for fco or rice bran oil on the hard to mix ones. add the fo to the fco or rice bran, then add the cyclo. it doesn't work for all of them, but it has worked on my tough ones so far.

If you use FCO in with the cyclo all FO's will blend, no problem. Just up the % of FCO for the stubborn hard to mix FO's.

Sure will and I learned that from that stubborn FO, Black. Black is also impossible to soap. I had to rebatch it when I soaped with it. The rebatch came out very nice though.