Are mixed shows worth it?

skg

Just curious what everyones thoughts are on shows that have handmade, flea market and retail sellers all in one. There is a huge show coming up like that around here in November, and was curious if its worth it - or do people go to thses looking for bargains? Tia, Sandy

I did a retail and craft show.I did great but the Tupperware was begging people to come to her booth.She kept looking at me and saying 'I cannot get anyone over here.So it was OK for me.I had no complaints.Flea markets around here are huge and candle everywhere.I guess they do so so because I never tried one yet.I still think it is that special scent they are looking for and also if something new you have come out with.I try to do something new every year.

LynnS

Sandy, I haven't found it to be too profitable in my area. I think people going for yard sale items aren't looking for crafty items at larger prices. I personally prefer shows with just handmade items.

However, November is a good month. If the price isn't too much, I'd say go for it! Lots of Christmas shoppers will be around in that month!

- Meg

I think people going for yard sale items aren't looking for crafty items at larger prices.

I have to agree with violetmoondrops on this point. My experience has taught me to stay away from shows which mix flea market/yard sale items and crafters if I plan to sell a lot of craft type items. Each type of event draws different types of people: ones looking to "bicker" over an item priced at a quarter and ones who are wanting to purchase handmade, higher priced items.

JMHO