Force gel in oven after 6 hours???

CareBear

Made a nifty soap today in a log mold with a mylar lining. Because I'm obsessive, after about 6 hours I slid out the log of soap (still in the mylar) and could see it was only partially gelled and looked really odd. Can I stick it in a 170 oven now or will that totally totally mess it up?

So what, it might not look as pretty as you want the soap to be, but I'll bet the soap will work great. And that is what you really want afterall isn't it? If you sell and its a cosmetic thing, to the discount shelf it goes. It gives your customers the opportunity to try a handcrafted soap and maybe save a little bit of $$$ in the process. Once they try it, they might be more apt to buy at full price and you've got a repeat customer. It's all good. :wink2:

Well, I'm not sending anything to a shop or anything; I wanted to give it for christmas presents. I did stick it in the oven (not just to try to keep these pretty, but also as an experiment) and will unmold tomorrow morning once it's cool.

If the soap comes out pretty it'll be presents. If not it'll be cut up for stocking stuffers.

Either way I learn something and end up with great smelling soap.

I'm willing to bet that your family and friends will be just thrilled with it and won't notice any "flaws." But I know you will cuz you made it and we notice all our mistakes or what isn't what we wanted.

Edited to add: If you ever start to sell, these are the soaps that are great for cutting up into small pieces for those "try me freebies."