Easy Soap Recipe to start with? Added Pic's

JenT

Well....I can't get them on here...so here is a link to the pic's

http://www.pixiescandles.com/StrawberryShortcakeSoap.html

I am SO proud of myself! 1st time from step one making soap!!!!

I scented it in strawberry shortcake....and just added the color without stirring to much

Hi soapmakers!

I wanted to re-introduce myself. My name is Jen and I am a candlemaker. I haven't been able to spend to much time on the board until just last week when my youngest started in school all day..YES!...lol

I am looking for any and all the help I can get!

I have and do make rebatched soaps…aka “hand milled” but have not tried to make my own batch. I now have lye…which I am SCARED TO DEATH of…and wanted to know what is the best and easy recipe to start with? I have found a lot of different ones…but wanted to know what you thought was best to start with.

Thanks for any info you can give me!!

JenT

I used the first recipe today to make my first batch EVER. I was so frigging nervous about the lye when I was trying to scoop some out my hand was shaking so bad it was throwing lye everywhere. :laugh2::laugh2: Even with lye flying about I didn't go blind or burn myself so don't stress. Yeah you have to be careful but just don't drink it or use the solution as eye drops and you'll be fine. :D

I used the first recipe today to make my first batch EVER. I was so frigging nervous about the lye when I was trying to scoop some out my hand was shaking so bad it was throwing lye everywhere. :laugh2::laugh2: Even with lye flying about I didn't go blind or burn myself so don't stress. Yeah you have to be careful but just don't drink it or use the solution as eye drops and you'll be fine. :D

I made my 1st batch last night....I too was holding back because of the lye....shoot it was nothing...lol...now I think I am in trouble because I went today and bought more supplies to make another batch...dam soap bug...LMAO

This is a good one also

25 % Coconut

25 % Lard

25% Olive

25 % Rice Bran or Canola

I think this is Beth or Lori or Julia's recipe can't remembe.

Sorta kinda looks like mine!:grin2:

Although I usually recommend one that you can get all the ing at the grocery store, basically.

25% Lard OR Palm

25% Olive

25% Safflower OR Sunflower

25% Coconut OR Palm Kernal Oil

You can make it vegan by subbing out the Palm for the Lard.