Candle Crystals

LynnS

Has anyone made these.This is something new for me this year.I think it will be neat and it does make alot of candles/air fresheners.These are more for small areas like cars and bathrooms.Use the daisy lids or mesh with some country print tie.

Will start in a few days but first making my soy candles and tarts and get alot of those done.With this being new only going to make a few.I have 10 lbs of crystals and see how that does at my shows this year.

All you need is candle crystals, jars, scent and distilled water.

LynnS

Has anyone made these.This is something new for me this year.I think it will be neat and it does make alot of candles/air fresheners.These are more for small areas like cars and bathrooms.Use the daisy lids or mesh with some country print tie.

Will start in a few days but first making my soy candles and tarts and get alot of those done.With this being new only going to make a few.I have 10 lbs of crystals and see how that does at my shows this year.

All you need is candle crystals, jars, scent and distilled water.

LynnS

I add color and a little bit of salt, the salt helps prevent mold growth.

Thank You Candle Man I left out the color.Also thanks for letting me know about the salt.About how much should I add.Clueless.

Probably is water crystals but on my bag it said Candle Crystals.Just checked again and wickless candle crystals.Maybe some companies do a rename thing.I know you can get alot of air fresheners out of this.I only got a 10 lb bag to test so will see how many that makes.I only do about 2-4 candles per scent.Don't want to overdo the scents unless they are sellers.

I got mine(crystals) AT WIX END.Also get supplies from BCN,BCS and just got back from Candle Source.All companies are great to work with and fast. 2 companies I can call and just pick up.

LynnS

OOOPPPPSSSS Candle Man as I was typing for the salt answer you were posting it.So for the 1 JJ you use the whole ounce of scent????? I was going to do like the soy(1 ounce per lb) but these will need a ounce of FO per 1 8 JJ ? OK will do

I had wondered about this because it is for small areas and I had to almost bend down to smell it.Of course numerous other scents filled the air so hard to tell.

So Candle Man "it is a Secret Family Recipe".WHO else knows but isn't telling??? Ok I'm happy.I found out how to keep mold growth from forming.

Thanks

LynnS

I started with these instructions http://www.bittercreeksouth.com/airfresh.htm scroll down and click on instructions. I tweeked these instructions to make them work for me.

I don't do mine like step #5. Oil and water do not mix. Add the FO last, after the crystals have absorbed all the water.

I use 1oz of FO because I found 1 - 2 teaspoons of fragrance oil was not enough for these, because there is no heat so you need more FO for them to work. Smelly Jelly's are only good for small rooms, small bathrooms & office cubicals.

BTW - Always use distilled water and tell customers to ONLY use distilled water. Any other water will cause mold growth.