Is there anyone out there who like to set-up my QuickBooks?

Tess

I am seriously having a hard time with this. Everytime I get going a little bit, I run into another problem lol. This software is great, but it is a PITA to get started. I love tracking customer info though, as I suck when it comes to keeping tax ID's and stuff.

Right now my current problem is figuring how I am going to do a discount and how to apply it.

Ex:

I currently sell my votives 2.00 OR 3/5.00. 95% of my customers buy the 3 fer deal. So I am stuck. I do not know how to do this without completely jacking up my accounts.

Anyway, is there anyone out there who is a pro at this? I did call the customer support, but they must be based in India or Thailand, because the accent was so thick, I could not understand a single word. :(

I don't know if this will help you but my local SBA gives classes on setting up quickbooks. You might check with your regional SBA office and ask.

I have used my local SBA for learning the business end of starting up. They have really been a huge help and I wouldn't have been able to do it without them.

Ex:I currently sell my votives 2.00 OR 3/5.00. 95% of my customers buy the 3 fer deal. So I am stuck. I do not know how to do this without completely jacking up my accounts.

It's really not as difficult as you're trying to make it.

in your item list, set your cost & sell price on a per votive... ex: .50 cost 2.00 sell

that gives you your base price for those people that buy only one.

when you have a customer buy your 3fer deal, you just change the way the invoice reads...

qty = 3 then tab over to total (forget the unit price for now) and enter in $5. the invoice will recalculate the individual sell price and your cost will be accurate.

HTH

It's really not as difficult as you're trying to make it.

in your item list, set your cost & sell price on a per votive... ex: .50 cost 2.00 sell

that gives you your base price for those people that buy only one.

when you have a customer buy your 3fer deal, you just change the way the invoice reads...

qty = 3 then tab over to total (forget the unit price for now) and enter in $5. the invoice will recalculate the individual sell price and your cost will be accurate.

HTH

The only thing is, the customers don't usually buy all three the sames scent :undecided . I do have the votives as inventory so I know when I get low and what not. So I guess the only thing would be to change the price on each one? Like 1.66, 1.66. 1.67? I was hoping for like an automatic adjustment somehow. But I am probably asking this program to do miracles too lol. Thanks for helping!

I will probably have to look into a class to get more familiar with this. I just don't want to end up paying more than the software. I wonder if that Video Proffessor is anygood? It is probably a copy of the tutorial, which was somewhat helpful, but nothing really applied to a candlemaking type biz.

Ex:

I currently sell my votives 2.00 OR 3/5.00. 95% of my customers buy the 3 fer deal. So I am stuck. I do not know how to do this without completely jacking up my accounts.

:(

I am certainly not a pro and I don't know if this is what you are looking for but this is what I do for my special "discounts".

I sell 5 mason jars at a discount (for this example let's use $1.00 off each jar if purchase 5 or more jars).

I set up a Discount item that relates to a field I use to keep track of all discounts - you can also do separate ones for different types of discounts.

Then on the invoice if the customer orders 5 mason jars I also add the Discount item on the invoice and enter the amount - in this case $5.00.

So the reqular price still shows on the invoice and the customer sees what type of discount they receive - also you can go to this field/account and see what discounts were give.

Hope that helps!

No fair you make it sound so easy! So I could porbably just do a set price on it too. so the invoice would total "-1.00" and I can just add to the qty. of the discount like a regular item. Like 5 bundles also gets 5, -1.00. I think I got it! Thanks so much you all! I really am bad at learning new software. This is the one program I actually did some tutorials and reading the "help" LOL. Thanks Summer!

I am certainly not a pro and I don't know if this is what you are looking for but this is what I do for my special "discounts".

I sell 5 mason jars at a discount (for this example let's use $1.00 off each jar if purchase 5 or more jars).

I set up a Discount item that relates to a field I use to keep track of all discounts - you can also do separate ones for different types of discounts.

Then on the invoice if the customer orders 5 mason jars I also add the Discount item on the invoice and enter the amount - in this case $5.00.

So the reqular price still shows on the invoice and the customer sees what type of discount they receive - also you can go to this field/account and see what discounts were give.

Hope that helps!