I THINK I just finished my 1st CP Soap!

Funky Monkey

Hi all. (I've posted this at soapdish too.) I think I just finished my first real soap!! I'm concerned that I might of mixed it to long and poured to late. It's pretty creamy. I have used a pringles can, since I didn't have enough material to line my wood mold. Do you mind looking at the pic to tell me if this looks right or not? I took the pic 5 mins after pouring it. I would appreciate some feedback. TIA!!

HPIM1839.jpg

Woohoo!! You made SOAP!!! It looks great! Did you add anything besides oil, lye and water? FO? Color?

Yup, looks like maybe you pourded at a thicker trace than you might usually want to, so you might have some air bubbles - but yup, looks like soap. Next time you might want to leave an inch or so empty at the top just in case.

good to keep the pringles can in some sort of container in case it does overheat and expand (don't insulate it or wrap it in towels or anything).

must ask if the pan under them is aluminum (looks that way to my totally untrained eye) - you don't want lye to touch aluminum so if it is get it away and wash it immediately.

Yipee!! You go girl!

Hey Carol. Yep, just learned the lesson of overflow, it was huge when I went back into the kitchen.

HPIM1845.jpg

I scooped some out and put it in the other mold. Not sure if that was the thing to do or not.

Next time I won't let it get so thick, I'm pretty darn sure there are bubbles in there!!

Yeah, the pan has to go, I didn't realize it was a no-no. Will have to change it out as soon as I get this posted.

It is the recipe I posted the other day, I tried a little green coloring, but it disappeared compeltely. Must not of put enough in. No big though, my first attempt. It is scented Vanilla/Apple. Thought I'd try something off the wall for my first one :)

Question, I have a bit of liquid (oil) coming out of the bottom of the can. Is that ok?

Hey there Funky monkey! Question about the pringles can, do you line it with anything or spray pam in it or what? I've always wanted to try using one on a batch of soap but didn't know how! And BTW how do you get the soap out of it? Tear it apart or what? Duh! No, I'm not stupid just curious! TIA

Bernie:laugh2:

BTW..your gonna get hooked on soap now! You'll dream about what kind of soap to try next, set your alarm early so you can make soap before work, stay up late to make just 1 more batch, and you'll be thinking about making soap all the time. It's a wonderful addiction! Best of luck! Bernie:wink2:

Lol! Good thing I work from home huh? I can see it now.. Web design 1/2 time.. Soaper 1/2 time!!

I sprayed the inside of the can with Pam. I do not intend to keep the can (I have three daughters that eat us out of house and home) so I can get some more cans if it works well, I'm going to use a can opener to bust open the bottom of the can with it.

So.. question.. the gel thing.. that is supposed to happen right?? :confused: If not, humor me.

That color change, from creamy to jelly like is gel. At least it looks like it in the picture. If you use Pam, wipe the excess out of the can.

When I've used pringles cans, I just unroll the top part and find the "seam" and unroll like Pillsbury bisquets. The metal bottom will just come off when you unroll the cardboard.

the liquid coming out of the bottom of the can might be the pam you sprayed in the can or it may be that you added too much fo. also with the green color you added, you may not have used color that was suitable for CP soap, not all soap colorants can hold up in the hot temps of CP, they ar ereally only meant for melt and pour soap.

Also I was a little worried about the plastic soap mold you also used. Those are usually only made for melt and pour soap or hot process soap cause the lye has already been cooked out of those and they wont heat up in the mold. The cp tends to get so hot that it will melt plastic molds.

anyhow, the consistancy of your soap looks great and since its gelling thats always a good sign as well. post cuts pics soon so we can all cheer.