Look what DH made me...

ruba

My very own clear bath bomb maker!! We have a few plastic companies in Reno and we got the biggest dowl (it is 1.25") at Home Dump (oops I mean Depot) and bought the same size inside diameter tube...which is 6 feet long!! Cut both and ta-da! He cut the length of the tube 6" to have room to grip it and the dowel is 8". I will ask DH what he wants to do with the left over tube. I will let you guys and gals know.

I used Rita's Rockhard recipe and they are pretty stiff as of 12 hours after. I used .75 oz of mixture. I didn't know where to start so that's where I went. They are 1.25" diameter (of course) and about 5/8th inch tall. I think I will wrap them in 4x4 foil. i am not much into coloring things...but may have to if people want them colored. Sorry that the pics aren't all that great.:undecided

Thanks for looking. Now I just need to order the salt tubes to put the bombs in.:D

Bombmaker.jpgbathbombs.jpg

NICE!!!!!! :wink2:

What a great hubby you got!

..I am still trying to get that darn soap mold cut..I even measured the boards out..and marked it..lol..but that is ok...he has been working hard...I might have to learn to use the circular saw myself.:confused:

Thanks for checking out my table maker...I was eyebaling them online, but hubby said he could do one. We made one with a plunger (just the plunger part didn't buy the tube at that time) that was 2". Then I changed my mind while looking for "salt tubes" to pack them in and couldn't find 2" ones. But found lots of 1 3/8 and 1 1/2 so I figured that the bomb with foil wrappers would fit nicely into those sizes with just a little wiggle room.

DH is a task oriented hyperactive person and LOVES to do things like this. He is going to make me a soap mold once I get the nerve up to make my first batch. I KNOW that I will become an addict so he will have to make TONS of sizes:D .

jwahlton-what size were you guys trying to make?? pm me if 1 1/4 would work for you.

Thanks again.

My DH is going to home depot to get the stuff to make me one of these today. If there is extra pipe then if anyone wants to do a swap or something for one let me know. I hope it works out as I have a terrible time molding round bath bombs.

We searched all over and could not find the clear pvc tubing. I am going to check a few more places but if I still cant find any, I may see about buying 2 6" pieces from you!!

I have a great husband who, when he can and when he gets motivated, is more than willing to help make whatever I need. Shhhhhh, he just isnt very good about it! LOL But he tries!

God Bless,

Lynn

Thanks gals for checking it out. If you gals want to buy just the tubing let me know...it is 1 1/4" inside diameter and you can get a dowel at Lowes or Home Depot wth an outsids diameter of 1 1/4". Just PM and I will ask DH what the plastic costs and let you know. I don't think it was that much somewhere around $10 for the whole 6' plastic tube. I don't know what to do with the rest of it anyway...I may keep a back up set incase DH wants to make bombs with me...and he acually might want to. I have to say he rocks!! He is even going to help me keep up with my orders this semester while I am taking Chem 121. I guess he's a keeper.:D

My DH went to Home Depot and Lowes but neither had the clear tubing. He made me a teeny one that is 1 inch in diameter which is a bit small but I will test it out later. I also am planning a trip to Lowes to see what I can think up. I'd love to make one that fits the ball making press plates so I can make nice circle ones. I am round bomb impaired.

I wonder, what if they were wider? Like 2 inches? How wide are the ones they sell?

Thanks for the ideas.

I would love to make some of the tablet bombs for my children's school findraiser.