Enchanted Lites

jakalex

I have read mixed reviews on this company on some threads here. I decided to go ahead and give them a try anyway. I checked out there site and emailed for a scent list. Almost immediately I received an email with the scent descriptions attatched. I also posted on a few other boards that use their scents for some suggestions. Bruce actually emailed me after he found out I was inquiring and told me to call him! I spoke with Bruce today and have samples on the way! I ordered 10 different scents and he is also throwing several scent samples in and some samples of wax! Very very nice! I am very impressed with their customer service! I will update once I have some of these in wax.

Thanks Bruce! :thumbsup:

Cloved Cranberry ~ Sweet fruity plums simmered with spice and sprinkled with a sugared glaze. An exceptionally fruity blend of cassis, fig and plum touched by zesty lemon and sweetened with honey

Holiday Memories ~ Warm Cinnamon blended with Peach, Banana, Pineapple and Clove.

Lavender ~ A true Lavender with notes of Thyme, Musk, Clary Sage, Bergamot and Mint.

Mossberry ~ Fresh picked Raspberry blended with Oak Moss, Lavender, Italian Bergamot and Indian Patchouli.

Mulberry ~ Tart Mulberry sweetened with Raspberry and Madagascar Vanilla.

Pumpkin Pie ~ Fresh baked Pumpkin Pie baked with Cinnamon, Clove, Nutmeg and Ginger.

Rosemary ~ Fresh picked Rosemary and Australian Eucalyptus.

Victorian Christmas ~ High mountain fresh Evergreens with an added touch of sophistication that includes Cinnamon, Clove and other warm Spices.

Watermelon ~ Juicy, mouth watering and sweet, Watermelon.

Woods & Wildflowers ~ A sophisticated and elegant fragrance opening with fresh bergamot blended into a heart of clean, fresh florals and warm spicy notes of clove and nutmeg. In the base, cedarwood, vanilla, patchouli and musk add depth and sensuality.

I am getting lots of scent samples also: Almost Paradise, Hot Apple Strudel, Cinnabons just to name a few! Also getting samples of both waxes!

I agree they have great customer service and I tested out some tea lights with the two samples of wax he sent me..but I made some votives with the votive blend he sent and country pine FO..and they came out horrible..would not stay lit for nothing. :undecided ..tea lights worked great though. :wink2:

That mossberry sounds wonderful!

Bruce is awesome. He has always been very helpful to me. I have used their wax for 3 years now and love it. I need to try the millinium blend and have not done that yet. I use the 100 % container soy and the votive and have great luck.

I really love their pumkin pie spice. It is the best. I sell it all year long.

• 4 months later...

EL's Container wax takes a little TLC to use as it has no additives or stabalizers in it. So you might have to fight frosting and rough tops. However, their prices can't be beat and they do have distributors all over North America, which can save on the shipping costs.

The customer service is excellent.

I have used almost half of the FO that they carry and every time they get a new one a 1lbs jug of it lands on my loading dock with my next order. I have never had any scent throw or burning problems with their wax or wicks, and I go through a couple pallets of wax a month. If you are having burning problems with EL wax (particularily votive wax) I would suggest you just need a more powerfull wick. For their votives I use a 28-24 Papercore from wickit.net with a natural wickwax coating. Burns beautifully, and is a natural wick.

gicandles ~ Have you ever tried their Votive Soy Wax? I found an EL dealer about 30 minutes from me, but I haven't had the nerve to go there yet!!! I've heard many mixed discussions on their wax and oils to. They have some nice FO's according to their list. Guess I should just take the plunge and give them a try.

Thanks Gals ~ Guess I'll go ahead and place an order for the EL Votive Wax then. I've been using JS 50/50 Pillar for my tarts and its excellent. But, shipping is just getting to expensive.

BTW..I lurk here a lot, LOL! My name is Connie. I just got in several new samples from AR and ICC and I can't wait to give them a try. Everything smells fantastic.

Ok Girls, I placed a small order with a local EL dealer today. Going to pick up my votive wax tomorrow. She said I will probably have frosting on my tarts...why, why would she say that???? That doesn't sound good. Oh well, I'll just hope that the frosting doesn't appear. Anxious though to give it a try.

Connie

I've poured enchanted lites soy wax for many years,, since the days when the company was still located in New Ulm, MN.

Do you know if they've recently reformulated their FO's. Years back I tested about 20 FO's. and found them to be very light,,, nothing really strong like I was currently using. I've never used any of their FO's in my line, but I'm always looking for new things...

Let us know how the rest of your testing goes... :)

I went and got my Votive Wax a few FO's from a local EL dealer. Poured four sets of tarts and the cold throw is awesome. Waiting until this weekend to test burn them, but so far, its excellent. Nice creamy tops, and so easy to work with. The tarts slid right out of the molds with no release spray or putting them in the freezer for a few minutes. I'm thinking with such a great cold throw the hot throw should be excellent (hope so anyway)! I'll let ya'll know how they burn. I'm very impatient, but I going to let them cure. I'm really excited. This will save me a bundle in shipping charges, YEAH!

Sherrilynn ~ I don't know what happened. Yesterday I noticed that all the tarts I poured had a white cloudy film on them. Frosting? The cold throw had almost disappeared and they looked just aweful. I tested today the Snickerdoodle, good hot throw, but tarts just didn't look good. I also tested the chocolate and a vanilla crunch I believe. Chocolate smelled like it was burnt and the vanilla was very mild, which I expected. I've yet to find a vanilla that really throws well hot. I'm not really sure exactly what happened, guess I'll give Michelle (EL Dealer) a call tomorrow and see what her intake is. Do you have any suggestions, has this ever happened to you? I am so disappointed, I thought I had really found a good wax, close by that I was going to like.